iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

F-4 Dion

Started by woodmills1, January 23, 2003, 02:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

while perusing forest products equipment magazine last night I saw an article titled Back in Vogue and it showed an F-4 Dion forwarder.  Slick as my driveway is right now here in tundra land.  tracks on the puller and powered tracks on the forwarding trailer.  I searched for more info but didn't even get a picture.  one page said john deere engine I think well over 100 HP and another said should cost $150,000 I think canadian.  seems like lotsa cash.  anyone got more info on this?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Scott

I've tried looking for info on these machines but can't find much about them. They are made in Quebec by Enterprise F4
I think. There were two Dions for sale here a few years back for about 30-40 grand canadian. Not bad if you don't mind a used machine.
http://www.forestnet.com/archives/Sept_2002/harvesting.htm

If you don't mind a smaller machine look at this
http://www.radinter.com/radtech/anglais/berfor/1berfor.html
I saw a 20002 model of this machine without the trailer for 16 grand CAD.

woodmills1

Interesting that these alternative machines are canadian, along with the forester package that I have from payeur.  On the smaller one though I dont see how an onan 24 gas would have the power that my kioti deisel gives, and If you check the payeur site you will see that they now offer the forester package with a bigger tractor.  sure, tracks offer advantages, but the combination tractor/forwarder gives opportunity for front end loader and all of the possible three point hitch equipment.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

burlman

Hello from Quebec, f4dion is as much as a word in the bush as Timberjack in these parts. I jumped the gun writing you. I just got a new used equipment catalog from this company, but do you think I can find it now. I'll get back to you with a phone number etc if I can find it. They are popular in eastern Quebec.  The under carriage is mostly Bombardier parts.  I had A Bombardier Red Ram Skidder for a number of years It was a real great toy for swampers, But them tracks were a pain in the neck if you started playing around rocky terrain. It was also a great machine to tip over on hillsides, it was also over powered in the winch end. If you wern't on the ball you could easily tip over or pull yourself over if you hooked a rock or stump. Any way talking for nothing I'll try to find that info for you, and write you back,   burlman

Kevin

I had the opportunity to see the berfor2000 this past summer.
It's designed for low impact logging.
Too much money for the amount of use I would get out of it.
Nice compact little skidder just the same.

I almost forgot ...
http://www.unb.ca/web/standint/nbcc/machine/forwarders/gpond_b.html

Scott

Burlman, how much do those things go for used?

woodmills1

my first thought was too much money.  I use the payeur forester package and it is just fine with much less horsepower but also much less moneeeey. ;D

Scott

Here's a picture i found.

burlman

hey woodmills 1, I found that  catalog for you. The f4dion new has a deutz 4 cyl. air cooled engine, 5 speed man. trans. rokwell drive train, sprockets and wheels are solid urethane. The loader is a Vohl, with telescopic boom, a universal clam with continuous rotation, a good feature. the cab is windowed and heated, clam has joystick controls, the trailer which is powered from the the same drive train has stakes for 8 foot  logs but you can load 16 footers. The seat rotates so you can drive in either direction, so after you unload you can return to the bush without turning the whole thing around. keeps your trails narrow when you don't have to turn this around in the bush. they have wide stabilizer legs when you are loading. The book has new models as well as used from 1988 down to a 1970, all have been reconditioned at the shop. I  didn't have time to dig you up some prices, but I'll send you the phone no. The shop is just west of Quebec City. The phone is 418-878-2115 the fax no. is 418-878-4833 they don't have a web page. They do have a full colour pamphlet available on the new machines, you could request one I'm sure. It must be great to ask for a canadian price, with American dollars. Well good luck, hope this was a help, have a good weekend, Burlman

Thank You Sponsors!