iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'll be going home......but not for Christmas

Started by JimBuis, November 06, 2006, 06:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

Some of you folks know that I am living in Tokyo, Japan and that I am originally from Southwestern Illinois, U.S.A. near St. Louis.  This coming June, me and my lovely wife of 32 years are heading back to Illinois!! 8) :) 8) :)

I can hardly wait to be back home with family and of course the grandkids.

Cindy and her yunguns.  She's happier than a pig in slop. ;D

Me and my Mom and brothers and sister.

We are concerned that we are returning without jobs to go to.  We have one or two things in the works, but nothing definite yet.  I'd appreciate your prayers on this one.

If one of you sawyers in the area is looking for someone to work around the mill, keep me in mind.  I may be looking for work to put food on the table.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

breederman

Sounds like good news!  I'm sure that it will all work out.
Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Jim, I'm sure going home to the grandkids and family is worth more than any job I could imagine. Besides that, your returning to the land of plenty where a job (maybe not your dream job) can always be found.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

Jim, are you giving up teaching, or is this just for the summer?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

JimBuis

Quote from: Radar67 on November 06, 2006, 09:23:50 AM
Jim, are you giving up teaching, or is this just for the summer? Stew

This not for the summer, but rather is a "permanent" move.  I don't know if I am giving up professional teaching or not.  I doubt that I can find an Industrial Arts teaching job anywhere in southern Illinois, so I probably won't be teaching in any of the schools.

Our move to our present school, Christian Academy in Japan, four years ago was a wonderful thing.  We have enjoyed our work here.  We hope to move onto another Christian work, but only God knows if that will happen or not.

Thanks,
Jim

Buzz-sawyer

Its all good news for me.....I been hoping Jim would come back home for 1-2 years, since we met.
My first impressionof Jim was , that , here is a good fella and a brother in the Lord ;)
Let me be the first to say, welcome home :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

JimBuis

Thanks Don. Thank you for all you have done for us.  We are looking forward to coming home. I'm ready to come now, but we are committed to staying through until the end of the school year which will be June.

Jim

JimBuis

I thought I'd update this post.  We have been looking for jobs and wondering where our Lord is going to lead us next. We have been particularly interested in continuing in some fulltime Christian service. I'm not going back to that ratrace some folks call "pursuing a career".

It's starting to look more and more like we are going to Missouri rather than back home to Jerseyville, IL. There's a town not far from Branson called Lampe and there's an even smaller place called Blue Eye. Well, about 10 miles from Blue Eye, out in the sticks  ;D, there's a place called LUC (Lives Under Construction) Boys Ranch. They are interested in our coming there and we are interested in going there.
http://www.lucboys.org/index.html
And guess what? They are wanting to make occasional use of a portable sawmill. :o  And I just happen to be the guy who's been hankering to buy one. 8) We just might work out something there. ;) I can learn how to make lumber with their logs. :)

Besides, this way I can earn a living while making a difference in this world.  I love it.

Jim

SwampDonkey

Sounds like a good spot to me Jim. You've got quite a little tribe there to feed and raise up. I bet, at the very least, it will be good to be back on home turf.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

Jim That sounds like a place you can make a real difference.  8) I'm confident you will be lead where you are needed most.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

TexasTimbers

Jim. Rearing children is fun and work at the same and an awesome privilage and responsibility too.  Feeding that many can be a big challenge too but I know it will all work out.  Romans 8:28
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

JimBuis

Quote from: kevjay on April 02, 2007, 07:46:59 AM
Feeding that many can be a big challenge too but I know it will all work out.  Romans 8:28

If you are looking at this photo of my wife with all of the little ones....................

the little ones are my grandkids!!.  We don't have any little mouths to feed any more. I can't imagine what it would be like to be 50 years old and still have kids at home.

Boy, you guys had me worried there for a minute. :o

Jim

TexasTimbers

I will let you know what it is lke in 2 1/4 years. I will be 50 and still have some in the nest. Anyway, point was wishing the best for you.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

JimBuis

Kevjay,
Thank you for the encouraging words. I just wanted to be sure that folks don't get the mistaken impression that I have lots of little mouths to feed.

I wish you good luck in raising young ones especially in this day and age. I was foolish enough to marry quite young, not just her but me too. That was the bad part. The good part is I get to enjoy my grandkids while I am a bit younger.

Jim

Tom

A visit to Arkansas several years ago, because of the threat of losing our place here, found us in and around Harrison, looking for property.  A trip to the border, not far frm Blue Eye (may have been in Blue Eye) allowed me, in my easily entertained manner, to stand straddling the State Line.  It's pretty country and I would live in that area in a NEW YORK MInute.    Arky does. :D

SwampDonkey

Grandpas and grandmas usually have a hand in raising up and feeding them little one to. There's no escape.  ;) :D

Texas Ranger

Tom, I tried for 25 years to get back to the Green Hills of Earth (Missouri) but the good Lord decided I needed to be a Texan, so here I stayed.  Everyone is gone up there now, and the land was sold, and the job never came.  The Lord moves in mysterious ways, and care not to question at this time of life.  But yes, a beautiful part of the world.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LedlieLogs

Welcome home Jim and your gal. Glad your going to be on US soil again. I spent the last thirty minutes looking at the web site for the Boys Ranch. Wow! What a great place. Truly Gods work in motion. I can't think of a better way to spend time than with those young men. What you get in return is far greater than anything money can buy. The Ranch will be very lucky to get a man with your skills on board. I hope that this works out for you and your wife. I hope it works out for the sake of the Ranch.
If your ever down south in the Georgia area I'd love to show you the camp where I volunteer every free second that I have. Where not making as big a difference as your new home but we do what we can for all the kids who come out to our place. We are not set up for "at risk kids" but I still think we touch some hearts along the way.
Please keep us up to date on how things work out for you.
Best of luck,
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Bro. Noble

That sure does look like a wonderful project and I know it's a beautiful part of the country ;D  I'm sure you will be a big asset to them 8) 8)  Congratulations ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bro. Noble

Jim,  I just read an article in a magazine about one of your new Lampe neighbors.  I have an idea you will get acquainted with him before long.  Invite him to join the forum when you meet him ;D   www.wood-merchant.com

milking and logging and sawing and milking

JimBuis

He's done some nice work there. I'm surprised that he apparently doesn't have a mill other than an Alaskan. I'll check this out when I get down that way.

Thanks,
Jim

Larry

I've been to the thriving metropolis of Blue Eye many times some years ago.  Just now looked it up on the map to make sure it's still there. ;)  I think you will find a lot of interesting folks and things to do in the area. 8)

I'm a little west in the even smaller community of Nob Hill, Arkansas.  I get over to Harrison few times a year so maybe we can meet up once ya get settled.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Larry

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on April 04, 2007, 04:42:35 PM
Jim,  I just read an article in a magazine about one of your new Lampe neighbors.  I have an idea you will get acquainted with him before long.  Invite him to join the forum when you meet him ;D   www.wood-merchant.com

Slow reader Noble...just read the article this morning.  I met the guy 3...4 years ago at the War Eagle Craft Show.  And he has earned a spot as a juried exhibitor.  I like his stuff and he is an interesting fellow to talk to.  I invited him to the forum...betcha he is one of those lurker types.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

JimBuis

Larry,
I'll be looking forward to meeting you and other forum members who're in that neck of the woods. I've been living in the "big city" environment for so long now I'm really in need of a "country fix".

Jim

Thank You Sponsors!