iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting artist, and his use of copy paper

Started by Daren, November 04, 2006, 09:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I found this stuff fasinating http://www.oncotton.co.uk/peter/index.html . That is the main page, click anything on it and it takes you to his work. I like the A4 (first link on the second page) just some copy paper, imagination and skill. I thought is was really neat.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Wow......That takes some time and a steady hand....very nice work.... ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Yes that was very interesting.  I sent it on to a friend whose wife is into very artistic work, and enjoys the challenge of doing new and different things. We'll see how this one flies. Also will show it to a couple grand daughters, one who thinks of everything in terms of numbers and how things relate (perspectives and relationships).

Just doing a simple box might give me a challenge enough. The people who design boxes for marketing that fold up into a display probably relate well to this artistic work.

Thanks for the heads up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Daren

I just got that link this morning in my e-mail from a friend. I was sooo interested in it, I tried it myself. Below is my first attempt "Death in the afternoon". I am working on another Hemingway cutout "The old man and the sea". I have the fish figured out, but the man in the boat is a tuffy. The fishing line will be coming out of the "water" at both ends. I can think of a millions little scenes if I was as talented as that dude I could make, mostly stuggles like the Matador/bull and old man/swordfish that unfold on a single sheet of paper.

I chose "Death in the Afternoon" first because it explains the long shadows, "The old man and the sea" is the same deal the old man fights that fish well into the night (more that one night actually) so it could be at sunset with long shadows again.

Daren

I have yet to figure out the "Old man and the sea", so I did an easy one. 2 Samurai fighting at twilight.

Jeff

Daren did you use something like an x-acto to make your cuts?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Daren

Jeff, that's exactly what I used. I found out you want to lay down 2 pieces of paper on a hard surface ( I had a piece of tempered glass setting on the bench). If you don't have the piece under the one you are cutting on it slips and you tear the little stuff >:(. I will probably lose interest in this in a couple days, but it was something to kill a few hours while the wife was shopping and it was raining. That guys stuff I linked was in an art museum, not that it isn't real cool, but I don't know about fine art.

Dan_Shade

That looks good, Daren.  I'm not too talented, I'm at my limits to cut lumber that's not wavy....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!