iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A monster of a Pilón

Started by crtreedude, October 26, 2006, 04:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

If a person were to order a container load of that shipped to the states how much could they buy it for per board foot?  :)

LOGDOG

crtreedude

Alright all of you KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY PILON!

you know, it comes to my mind that perhaps I might have a problem - you see, I find wonderful wood and I buy it and KEEP IT.... perhaps I am going to have to join Wood Hoarders Anonomous...

"Hello, My name is Fred and I have 10,000 BF of rare hardwoods in storeage.. (truth) GASP!"

Just so you know, a container (20') on a boat costs about 1,500 dollars. Getting from here to there of course is more - and then getting from the dock to you - but it isn't that bad.

Air dried I figure for run of the mill stuff (not slabs!), probably 2 to 4 dollars a BF. Slabs of course are more.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Burlkraft

But...But...What about the Forestry Forum discount.. ???  ???  ???

We haven't been so nice to you for this long for nothing... :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

crtreedude

Man, you first want some of my PILON and then you want a discount.... !??!

Burlkraft

It nescessarily doesn't have to be YOUR pilon...It could be someone else's  ;)  ;)  ;)

We are not too particular who's fine wood it is...Just so we get some of it.. ;D  ;D  ;D

WOOD HOARDER.... :D :D :D

crtreedude

I think I could do you up a load - I have Spanish Cedar - think Mahogany but a little lighter - great stuff. I have beams of ojoche, and I have planks of corteza and some weird wood called yema de huevo (egg yolk) sort of looks like it.

I know I won't manage to use all the Pilon so I should manage to do that too.

You know something I have been thinking for a while is to accumulate a load here and send it to someone who can then split it to multiple people up that way.

I do have 1,000 BF of cocobolo too - but unless I finish it - I can't ship it! (law)

Burlkraft

There ya go...a FF container to be shared among the masses.....

I like the sound of it already... ;D  ;D  ;D

crtreedude

and a commission to FF for making it possible...

Burlkraft

beenthere

What constitute's a "finish"?  if dried, sanded, varnish that's one thing.  If sprayed with mineral spirits and borax mix on rough-sawn, that might be another......
Is the "finish" spec'd in the law? Or is it at the discretion of the inspector? Or up to one's imagination? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

dried sanded varnished - perhaps not varnished, but the rest. The issue is that it has to look like furniture or close to it.

crtreedude

Got to jump on my bike and pedal on home before it gets dark, we will pick this up tomorrow - just don't going committing to all the pilon! After all, my wife has first dibs and she could get mean...  ::)

Burlkraft

Fred...We would never think of getting you in trouble   ;D  ;D

SwampDonkey

Still Light down there? The sun drops out of sight here at around 5:00 now. :'(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

We have 12 hours of sunlight pretty much year round - that is what it means when you are almost on the equator...  ;)

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Shucks, Fred,  I though y'all did better'n that.  We get that much almost every day. :D

SwampDonkey

We out pace'm up here in the summer with over 16 hours daylight. But 9 hours isn't too bad in the winter, just wish they'd leave the time alone. It's useless to change clocks back and forth.  ::)

crtreedude

I assume you probably average about the same as us...  ::)

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!