What a 100 mile an hour wind does to an inland big Texas lake

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

Hey Tex!

When did you take that photo???

Sure looks scary.

Did ya lose anything in the blowyness?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

thecfarm

What is going on down there???you guys are getting some wicked weather.We may have some bad stuff coming in this weekend,but nothing like the rain and wind you guys are getting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

That photo was taken in sept last year, durring our rita hurricane.  last week we had 18 inches of rain in a week, my office flooded at 12 inches.  what's going on?  DanGed if we know.

Furby

Only a Southerner would live through Rita twice...... ::)

sawguy21

:D :D Good shot Furb, the rest of us knew to move north for tornadoes and blizzards. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tcsmpsi

And, snow snakes.

As a side note, cfarm, been raining pretty steady for the last 24 hrs or so, and we are currently under flood watch...again.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Furby

I rather like like the tornadoes and blizzards.......... since we don't get any.  :-\ ::)

Did ya get your office dried out Tex?
Any major damage?

Texas Ranger

yup, got dried up, and just got back from putting everything up again, cause we had a line like the last one heading our way.  got back here and the front had moved it further south.  so we sit and wait.  As far as damage, only to me, on the last day of clean up I had just a little more to do, forgot my standing rule that when fatiqued is when you quit.  So at 4:30 friday I managed to stick my hand into a running 36" exhaust fan.  Two hours latter I am out of the ER with 35 stitches. 

Reckon fema would add that bill onto the flood insurace claim?

Don_Papenburg

No , they will send you a trailer.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

tcsmpsi

Quote from: thecfarm on October 25, 2006, 08:52:35 PM
What is going on down there???you guys are getting some wicked weather.We may have some bad stuff coming in this weekend,but nothing like the rain and wind you guys are getting.

Too much politician's hot air.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!