iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free walnut tree

Started by KGNC, October 24, 2006, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KGNC

I've no connection with this, Just saw it listed and thought someone might be interested. On Craig's List someone has a walnut tree for free near Asheville NC.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/zip/219785393.html

60 in., I doubt it but you never know.

rebocardo

Yea, there are a lot of ads like that on CL. I like the ones "must be insured and bonded" for the "free" tree and grind the stump later.  :D

Daren

Quote from: KGNC on October 24, 2006, 04:28:14 PM
60 in., I doubt it but you never know.

That is circ. not dia. at 50 years, I have had a call or 2 like that :D. Who knows a guy may find a lucky horseshoe or something inside (or a bucket of nails at least).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

leweee

I showed up for one of those "Free" Walnuts once. (no stump grinding required)
The tree was in an urban back yard  & leaning over the house. ::) About 8" dbh.
The lady that owned the property says to me" You know I've never seen any nuts on that "Walnut" tree". I inspect the tree in question.....only to find out it's a "White Ash". ;D
I told her that I couldn't fell it safely & left . ;) That tree is still there & about 16' dbh now. I guess no one else wanted that "free Walnut either.. ;)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

rebocardo

Kevin

I went to look at one of those walnut trees this past summer, it was leafed in manitoba maple leaves. :-\

Kcwoodbutcher

I responded to a couple of those free walnut ads. The first one paid out. They had already topped the tree but had no chainsaw big enough for the trunk ( it was 11 ft in circ. before it forked ). Got almost 600 BF out of that one. The next one was "might not hit the house if you drop it right" and the guy said his wife wanted a SeaDoo in exchange. Passed on that one.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

beenthere

Is a SeaDoo some kind of hair piece, or style? ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kcwoodbutcher

A SeaDoo is a personal watercraft about $3500 used up to 14,000 new
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Tom

I've got a bunch of Black Walnuts that I'll let you have for almost free.  We call'm Black Gum here, but they can be Black Walnuts if the price is right.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!