iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OOPS

Started by Wildflower, October 20, 2006, 08:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildflower

Jeff called me and asked to make a post for him, he will be home later this weekend but wanted to get this posted.  Jeff came in from hunting this evening put his gun on the bed so he could take his hunting clothes off, laid the clothes on the bed on top of the gun. He sat on the bed to take off your boots and forgetting it was there sat on the gun, braking the stock on his 35  Remington Marlin lever action rifle. He is looking for leads on where to buy a stock.
Jeff said no fat jokes  :D ... it snapped like a twig.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Texas Ranger

i am going to do my best to not make any jokes, but DanG it, that is just to much 8)

I will get a web site tomorrow for a place in Kentucky that sells replacement stocks, fairly cheap.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Burlkraft

:D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at laugh_at :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

asy

Tammy,

You need to rename this thread "Brave or Stupid"...  :-X

Coz I feel we're gonna see examples of both.  :-\

I see Burl's made a good start.  :o

asy :D :D :D :D :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

AWWWW MANNNN!  He get's nothing but sympathy from me.  That's some heavy duty misfortune! :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Good thing it did not discharge. Or is that as Paul Harvey would say " Now you have heard the REST of the story" :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

That is really sad about the gun stock. :(  Make sure he checks to see if he bent the barrel. ;) ;D  I suppose a bent barrel would not make any difference since he doesn't see any bear .

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ron Scott

Not a good way to end  the hunt , especially if the bear shows up. :'(
~Ron

beenthere

I 'spect da baar has a major tummy ache about now, and hasn't been movin about much lately.  :) :)

Now he won't have that baar rug to snuggle up to this cold winter.............
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

hoosiergunworks@aol.com, email them and see what they say about a stock, friend of mine found a butt stock from them for an old stevens shotgun for about $50.

Texas Ranger

tummy ache from laughing?  ya think some of jeffs problem was he was sharing that strawberry stuff and chocklate cookies with the bear?

Jeff

I'll have to post a photo of that stock. It snapped like a graham cracker. It worrys me now that it might have been defective and could have broken while shooting.  When I sat down it sounded like a paper bag crumpling. Its a real soft bed and there is really now reason for it to have broke as easy as it did.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Well, there is one reason. ;D

chet

Der ain't no way I would have owned up ta sittin' on my gun ta this bunch.  ::) 

Ya shoulda said ya had a Boone and Crocket baaaar come in ta da bait da last day and da DanG gun wouldn't fire.  :'(  And in frustration ya tried ta wack da baaaar over da head, only ta have da stock brake.  :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Burlkraft

Yup...Ya shudda done what Chet said.... :D  :D  :D

Welcome Back... ;D   ;D   ;D

SwampDonkey

Chet, I was surprised ya didn't get called for the use of the pickup and them chains that Jeff always gets stranded on bad back roads with. I was think'n maybe that gun was sit'n more like on the bed of the truck and he slipped in the snow and landed on that gun when jump'n up and down for traction.  It might be a nice soft bed of snow, but not quite deep enough to cushion the fall on the gun. laugh_at laugh_at ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

It must get pretty lonely at the old cabin , eh?  :D

Jeff

I knew I would get teased but ya should have been there. It was a freak accident not a fat accident. ;)  

Kevin, yes it did. I kept waiting for the call.  >:( ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dangerous_Dan

Try The Gun Parts Corp. Used to be called something else like Numrich Arms I think. Located in NY state.
They have a catalog the size of a phone book. I have edition 21.
I don't see a model 35 but they have alot of stocks for Remington and some don't have a model #.
If you have the exact model # and maybe a pic I'll check and see if anything matches up for ya.  ;)
DD
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

jtmccallum

Might give Dick Williams gun shop in Saginaw a call.  They carry lot's of used parts.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Corley5

What about carving your own out of a piece of figured wood ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

I'm gonna be sawin' some BLM burl this week...Just let me know 'iffin ya needs a stock blank  ;)  ;)  ;)

I'm not gonna warranty it fer........Overload conditions  ???  ???  ???  :D  :D  :D

Tom

Is that "Bureau of Land Management", or "Burlkraft's little Maples"?

isawlogs

I know where there is some burls that would make nice blanks . ;D
Honesty is a very nice thing , but in a case like this ... I would of lied through my teeth .  :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Ya know, Jeff really was pretty lucky.  That rifle coulda been standin upright on the stool he coulda  8) chose

Thank You Sponsors!