iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ERC in Middle Tennessee - What is a Fair Price?

Started by DMax, October 17, 2006, 07:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMax

Hello good folks of the FF...

I have several hundred feet of 4/4 ERC sitting in a shed. It varies in width from six inches on up and in length from 8-12 feet. It seems to in fine condition, solid and dry(I stickered it about 9 months ago). I have a guy that wants to buy it. What would be a fair price per foot? I'm not looking to make a killing, but would like to end up with a little money. The trees came from my farm so I only have $0.25 per foot plus my labor invested. I don't really want to sell, but my parents are selling the farm and I am leaving the country at the end of the week, so I don't have anywhere to put it.  :'(

Thanks very much, David

oakiemac

David,

I'd say anywhere from $1.00-$1.50/bf.
Alot has to do with local markets. Around here, ERC dont grow so it comands a higher price. In Tennessee, it might only fetch $1.00 or maybe even less but I think you should at least be able to double or triple your investment.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

DMax

brdmkr

In SW GA, I know of a fellow that asks 1.50/bdft, but ERC is not THAT common here.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Greg Cook

Hey David...A cedar mill near Carthage is getting from 50 cents to $1.50/ft, depending on quantity, and if you're gonna pick through it or take it as it comes in the stack.  Good Luck

BTW, which side of Near Nashville are you on?
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Thank You Sponsors!