iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawing school - what FF sawyer would you like to hang out with for a day?

Started by Dan_Shade, October 16, 2006, 09:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car

I would like to work with Tom down in Jacksonville Florida. Partly because of his knowledge and experience ,and also because Lynyrd Skynyrd is from his home town. Tom ,maybe we could saw up some maple for Gary Rossington so that he could have a new Gibson Les Paul made.

Charlie

Texas Ranger

Eazy, any one south of the Mason-Dixon in winter, and north of the Mason-Dixon in the summer.  Since I have kin and friends in Tennessee and South Carolina, my dream vacation is a round about through Missouri, over to Tennessee, Carolinas, Florida, and back home, visiting any FF'r that'll take a Texan on.

Oh, and it would be better if they understood cold beer, bar-b-que, and grits. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DR_Buck

QuoteOh, and it would be better if they understood cold beer, bar-b-que, and grits.

You better stay way south of the Mason Dixon line if you want grits!  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Part_Timer

Well I'd like to hang out with any FF member for a day. the short list would be Faron,captain,modat,GOI and Burlkraft for starters. 

If we're talking about serious sawing school I'd have to go with Captain,Husband, or Ianab These guys are tops on the swing mill class schedule. 

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Minnesota_boy

I think I'd like to spend a day with Percy.  Find out just what kind of wood they have in British Columbia and how it saws.  See his wood handling technique first hand and pick his brain on how to make my handling better.

Oh wait!  I already did that.  Thanks Percy!   8) 8) :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Don K

If I had the chance I would like to saw with Tom for his experience with SYP, which I mostly saw, and Arky because he saws alot and don't have time to talk much, but I bet he knows a thing or two about hardwoods. Of course there's Woodbowl,DanG, Bibbyman, and on and on,    Shucks, I want'em all. Then I would have all bases covered.. ;D 8)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ARKANSAWYER

Pro Sawyer Mary gets my vote,  If'n you ain't had none of them cookies then yous just missed out.  Next I would like to go see Swede just to see how they do it on the other side of the pond and expose them to grits.

All are welcome here and many have come.  Bring gloves and your own beer as this is a dry county (ask Scott) but grits we got as well as BBQ.
ARKANSAWYER

customsawyer

I would like to visit with just about any that would have me, but my biggest problem is that I'm greedy and I would want more than just a day. It has been proven that I will take what I can get just ask Tom.
Ditto on what Arky said any of you are welcome here anytime.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Dakota

Dave Rinker

solodan

To choose just one would be too hard. That's why we have the FF. I think in some way, I have learned something from everyone here. We all have different types of mills in different types of settings, some of us are mobil, some of us are stationary. In some way we all add to the pot, and even the guys or gals that come here who are green, still add to the pot. Sometimes I have started thinking in a whole new direction, based upon the questions and ideas of those new to this trade. Fresh new ideas is how we got this far. But if I really could only choose one, I would have to pick Tom, at least I wouldn't go hungry, and I do like grits. :)

Duncan

Well,

One of my most enjoyable meetings with a sawyer was when a friend of mine (another sawyer) and I met Frank Pender at his tree farm.  An enjoyable character.

Kelly

Thank You Sponsors!