iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bib Overalls

Started by scgargoyle, October 14, 2006, 01:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

Just curious as to how popular bib overalls are with the forestry crowd. I'm lucky enough to wear bib overalls every day at work (although the other guys think I'm crazy). It's too hot to wear 'em in our FL summers, but I live in 'em otherwise
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

LeeB

Love them. Can't wear them at work any more as we have to wear company issue coveralls but still wear them when at home for working in. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

JimBuis

Bibs or carpenter pants, maybe carpenter shorts when its hot.  I love Carr-Hart products.
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

SwampDonkey

I couldn't vote.  :D :D The only bib overalls I wear are rain pant bibs, which are double lined nylon. Most of the time I wear them in winter with wool pants underneath in the cold, to shed the snow. I obviously wear them in the rain to, but if I'm thinning in the hot summer rains, off come the rain pants. I don't even wear jeans in the woods because, well you'de find out real fast if you got wet in them or it's real hot and humid and trying to high step it in the bush for 8 hours. You'de be twice as tired as wearing a light pair of Dickie style work pants.

On the farm we used to wear a full piece overall.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Bibs! 

I think I re-invented the fashion trend.  When I started wearing them I noted even the young women wearing them.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Part_Timer

I was informed by my better half the other day that maybe I better start wearing them when sawing so the neighbors don't mistake me for a plumber. :D
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Corley5

I wear Carhart Arctic Bibs in the winter, Carhart bibs with red lining in late fall and early spring, and unlined ones in early fall and late spring.  All are worn over jeans.  They hang in the closet the rest of the year but are usually worn daily in season ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Patty

Bibs! I love bibs!I have bib shorts and bib pants and bib carharts.....and I look like a fashion queen in each one!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

beenthere

And we never believe anything without pics  ;D 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

amberwood

I live in overalls, except when hot..either carpenters for building/furniture work or full style for metal fabrication or crawling in/under machinery/cars etc. In hot weather i fall back to the carpenters shorts..I need the xtra pockets!

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Ed_K

I put regularly, but its early fall till it to cold. Then its insulated carharts. Then spring till its too hot :D .
Ed K

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Ianab

I voted no.. but maybe it wasn't allways so.  :D

A bit of background, I'm helping my dad preserve a heap of old family photos, mostly on 35mm slides. He's going to be laid up for a while, he had a hip replaced today, so I've set him up with a good scanner, PC, photo printer etc. This was one of the first test slides we scanned... must be about 40 years old I guess  ;)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tomboysawyer

Looks like I'm the only one with "weekends" so far which should really say "weekends and most holidays." I only have three pair of bibs - summer, winter, and rain. They are usually either too muddy or in the wash when I work at the computer the rest of the week to wear in my office.

Yes, women are wearing them! And in this photo it is about 10 below (F). Hubby wears coveralls. I wish they made shorter bibs because I have to tighten my straps up all the way and my heels still drag.

There was one day when a very good looking young woman walked into Tractor Supply and captured our attention. Wow. Didn't know how absolutely hot a woman could look in bibs! I gotta get myself on the treadmill... but I'd rather be on the sawmill.

Murf

When I was younger I couldn't get comfortable wearin bibs, jeans only, but as I git a little older they got more comfortable.

B'sides, them pockets up top on the bib is hanfdy fer a cell phone an stuff, nothin worse then tryin ta git a ringin phone outta yer hip pocket while yer drivin.......  >:(

Dat an they keep a lotta da sawdust outta yer shirt.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

beenthere

Prolly makes bendin over easier as the years go by........ :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

oldsaw

Not as a regular fashion statement, but I will when milling on a cool day, otherwise I have coveralls...insulated, for the cold days.  Otherwise I'm a jeans guy.  Got some real nice flannel lined ones for Christmas last year...toasty warm.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Mike_Barcaskey

I don't wear them, I ain't old enough yet.
I'm only 42   :D

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

pineywoods

I like'm for the extra pockets, and yes, it do make bending over a little easier as the years go by. Guess I'm old enough, wrong side of 70. What does bug me is the prices. For what a good pair of bib overalls cost, I can get a good pair of jeans and 2 shirts. They do get hot here in the summer. Guess I could do like dad used to do, bib overalls and no shirt.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

ely

i am almost 40 and i wear them in spurts. once i put on a pair of mine i will keep wearing bibs for awhile. usually untill it heats up to hot to bear them.

Thank You Sponsors!