iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I built a flatbad wagon . . .

Started by Robert R, October 12, 2006, 09:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

for my girls to pull as a hay/firewood hauler.  I don't have any pics yet because I am not in the digital era--I still don't even own a cell phone.  We hauled 70 square bales on it the other and I think they could pull quite a few more.  The deck is 8.5 feet wide and 12 feet long.  The way I have my tie downs configured, I could put 3 8-foot stacks that slope up on the ends to a peak, probably about 4 feet high.  I am sure the girls could pull it but I do have concerns about my constrution abilities.  The entire deck is made of 2x8 cca boards from a lumbaryard.  It does have several cross rails to help support and equalize the weight but I am so sure of the integrity of the wood.  Does that sound like a reasonable amount of weight if you can picture what I am doing from my description.  We pulled a hayride last weekend with 19 folks on board (15 adults).  I really had no concerns until I ran my old ground drive sickle mower on it to take to my next hay field.  Those boards on the back of the wagon sure bowed down a long way but I can't find any cracks and heard no pops.  Everything looks good once I got the mower off the end and in between the main weightbearing cross rails.  I'd appreciate any input you might have from my description and will try to eventually get a picture to post.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Tom

Last week, we hooked up the disc harrow and the wife turned 3 gardens down the street.  Then we hooked up the mower and mowed the driveway and some trails back in the swamp.  But, I think she would balk at having to pull a wagon load of hay.

You really need to get a digital camera.  It's the greatest thing since sliced bread to record your history.  Shoot as many pictures as you like.  If you don't care for them, erase them and take some more.  If you do, put them on your computer and make hard copy prints or album pages or send them around the world on an email.  Make business cards, Christmas cards and record the history of the farm and and animals as well as family.   Store thousands on a CD and they take up no more room than a handful of peanuts.  Make two copies and create a schedule and you can have the pictures backed up for generations.

You just gotta do it.  :)

Onthesauk

And I for one would love to see pictures of "the girls" in action.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

beenthere

Tom
Ya need two girls to do the hay wagon trick. Roberts girls make a good team.  :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Yep!  I'd love to see pics of your girls doing their thing, Robert.  Digital cams are getting cheap, and some of them come with a little printer that will render the best of your efforts onto paper.  It is easily worth the little expense
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thecfarm

This is our new registered Haflinger.I will have to start thinking about making some things for this little fellow.Have to get him trained first.He is 6 months old and we have alot of training to do with him.He is is stud,but come the 18th he won't be.He is being shown off from the women we bought him from.He won a blue ribbon at Fryeburg Fair for best looking yearling.

Don't have a clue about training him in the woods.The wife will train him to cart ride.I have taken him for a walk in the woods.His first one.He did OK but I could tell he really did not understand the branches and the underbrush.Alot of coaxing and talking to him helped alot.We only got him yesterday.Have yet to get a chainsaw around him.My brother will be over to get his firewood.This will be a good time to do it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!