iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Limburger.........

Started by Burlkraft, October 10, 2006, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Jill's gone tonight.....I got ta have a guy dinner....

Limburger cheese that I've had in a container in the sun so it was nice and soft....Chopped red onions that I just got out of the garden....and Club crackers  digin1 musteat_1

With a Diet Pepsi   pepsi_smiley pepsi_smiley

The whole house still smells like Limburger :-\ :-\ ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pigman

Steve, you deserve to be by yourself. smiley_airfreshener
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

Limburger and Sun are a great  combo. :o

sawguy21

Jill aint gonna be at all happy when she gets home. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Steve ain't gonna be so happy when he has to sleep with himself tonite. ::) ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

There ain't no toothpaste, mouthwash or deoderizer that will take away the limburger smell either. ::)  Ever try an onion sandwich?  Put mayonaise on two slices of bread, then a real thick slice of a big onion and sprinkle with black pepper. Don't talk to anyone for a week though. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

beenthere

Gee, I'm sure glad we took that 600 mi trip to see Gary_C yesterday, and not going tomorrow...... ;D ;D

And.........WHAT sun? ??? ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Frank_Pender

It must mean you are on your way out here again, to get the other three burl logs you left.   I would bet that Jill would let you come all by yourself, again. :D
Frank Pender

Burlkraft

BT didn't you have any sun yesterday  ???  ???  ???

We had a nice burst about noon till 2 and then the wind and clouds moved in. It looks like ya better cover up yer flowers tonight...28*......Buuurrrrrr........

DanG you were right...she wasn't happy when she got home...and I think that it had nuthin' ta do with me. It was pretty quiet when she did get home and when I asked what was wrong I about got my head bit off. I won't be askin' what's wrong again fer a few days ;D ;D

Frank...did ya want me ta bring some cheese too  ???  ???  ???
The way ya been promotin' them logs they won't be around by the time I get out there...They'll be in southern Illinois..... :D :D :D

Paschale

Sounds like a Wisconsin dinner to me!  The only thing missing is some kipper snacks, and a nice, garlicy crisp pickle as a chaser!   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Modat22

Catfish bait and crackers  :D
remember man that thy are dust.

beenthere

Burlkraft
No sun at all yesterday. Started raining lightly at 11 am.
And that 28° tomorrow morning along with the rain/snow prediction, and the 25 mph winds will make that Forestry Field day (Wisconsin Woodland Owners) a bit testy for an introduction to the change to next season.
Heard that they still planned to go ahead with it, in spite of the weather prediction.

I think our trip to visit Gary_C was by far the best day this week, as it couldn't have been more perfect.  :)

I enjoy some Limburger now and again, but mostly enjoy it 'at the moment' and not so much during the hangover period that follows.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodcarver

My Dad and most of his siblings were fond of limburger.  One evening several of them were sitting around the kitchen table indulging in a few malt beverages and snacking on limburger and crackers.  My dad's sister, who loved the stuff, was married to a West Virginian who had never acquired a taste for it. In fact, he detested it. He made some remark about smearing limburger on a cracker being a heck of a thing to do to a good cracker.  I don't know why anyone sitting around drinking beer and eating cheese and crackers would be wearing a tie, but he was. My mother proceed to reach across the table with a knive and smear limburger on his tie.  Nearly started a family feud.  :D   
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

thurlow

Well, how 'bout them flat-can sardeens, with mustard sauce or hot chilies?  Ever time SHE comes in and I been eatin 'em, SHE wrinkles up her nose and goes EEEEEEW.  She's 'bout got me trained to put the empties in a zip-lock bag. ::)

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

sawguy21

Modat22

I used to stop and get a couple orders of spicey crawdads and eat them in the car while waiting on the wife. One day I must have dropped a couple heads that went under the seat. Buy those get ripe in a locked car on a 98 degree day.

I'm no longer allowed to eat crawdads
remember man that thy are dust.

leweee

Limburger cheese on an exhaust manifold gets rid of that new car smell. :o ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Fla._Deadheader

Sounds like the makins of a pukin contest to me  ::) ::) ::) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sprucebunny

Quote from: leweee on October 11, 2006, 03:09:08 PM
Limburger cheese on an exhaust manifold gets rid of that new car smell. :o ;D

Do yo know this from personal experience, Leweee ??? ;D

I like Limburger. Didn't know that was a "guy" meal.
I like sardines, too ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Burlkraft

Gee SB...I thought it was a guy meal because as log as I can remember sittin' with my Gandpa and his brothers..(They came on the boat from Switzerland)...we were the only one's eatin' it and the wives were complainin' about it.

But now that I know you like it....I'll have a hunk at the next roast and we'll sit down and do some serious Limburgerin'  ;D  ;D  ;D

babylogger

ick i leave my parents house when that "stuff" comes out! i tried it aint no way ill EVER do it again! and leweee the exhuast manifold also works on exes too!!!!  8) i dont need to say more ::)
love logger

Murf

Leweee, one of my employees used to use the engine in his van to heat his lunch, those zip-top cans of stew and such. Had the dog-house set so he could just tilt it back, stick the can under the air cleaner, and toss the cover back closed, and after a few minutes at idle had it just right.

Then one fateful day his pager went off, right after he stuck the can in there. He raced off, forgot all about lunch, that is until about 1/2 an hour down the highway, and his apprentice asked about the smoke coming in around the engine cover.   ::)

Apparently it took months for the smell to completely clear.  :-X
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D That is a classic  :D :D :D

woodbowl

Steve, I know all about Limberger cheese! I saw it on the "Little Rascals" and Spanky and Chubby used it for ammo in their gang war.   ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Burlkraft

I guess ya won't be sittin' down with me and Sprucebunny at the next pig roast then  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!