iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a Fatburger

Started by DanG, January 15, 2003, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

at the fishbait store with Fla-Deadheader, today. Just got back to work after spending a delightful 2 hours with Harold, his son, Ed(the diver), and their buddy, Harry. We all sat around the big table in the back, same table where I met Mr. JD, a few months ago. Needless to say, we had a high old time talkin' about sawin, loggin, divin, gold prospectin, and The Forestry Forum.
Harold says they got all eddicated on the dos and don'ts of deadheading, and there seem to be more don'ts than dos. Why ain't I surprised?
They are on their way back to camp, now, and I'm playing catch-up at work. Harold will post a pic later, if we didn't break his camera.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

It's just DanG fun meeting another forum member ain't it. ;D I hope you learned something...... DonT want you to miss the opportunity to eddicate yoresef. :P ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Fla._Deadheader

Heeeerrrrrrrrrrre's 2 ole geezers!!!

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I say there's nothin like a photo op in front of the ol fillin station.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

YEP. They fill yer gas tank, yer bait tank and yer belly tank, all at the same place. Where do ya figger the FATBURGER gets its parts???
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

:D  That ol' camera of your's is tougher than it looks! I thought sure we'd busted the thing.  BTW, guys, I was just poking my belly out like that, so Harold wouldn't feel so bad. ::) ;D

Harold, I want you to know I had a large time meeting you and your guys. It was a real treat. I just wish we'd had enough time to go out to my place and play with my toys a bit. Oh, well, there'll be other times. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Right on, DanG. We'll get together some time in the future.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Man, thats goona be a real fine picture. I can already see it. That big ol cowboy hat on top of DanG while he's wearin flippers. Beard streamin down the front of his wet suit, an old gator clamped to his behind, man what a site it'll be...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

DanG,that hat matches your icon about perfect.

You've got a jacket on,was it cold out? :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

Probaly bout 60. Next day was 72. Next day went to 27 at night. We left fer warmer climate. Didn't get far enough south. Supposed to get 31 here tonight in south central Fl. That's in degrees, y'all. :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

It weren't cold...just a little chill in the air. The uniforms I have to wear are all short-sleeved, so it doesn't take much cold to need a little something more.
It never got above the low forties here, today. 17 last night, and more of the same tonight. Should get to the mid fifties tomorrow. ;D

Paul, the hat is famous. It has been drug around every rough corner that life can offer, and it just gets better and better.(and uglier and uglier). I only wear it when the weather is chilly or rainy, or the ladies at the office beg too much. I've had people stop me on the street and offer to buy it. I've had it for about 20 years. Its made of suede, and I expect another 20 yrs or more out of it. :)

Thank You Sponsors!