iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Show comments

Started by woodhick, October 09, 2006, 08:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

Well, what did everyone that went think of the show?  I was there on Sunday and met Kevin and Tammy from logrite.  Also met Mt Jack who was hanging out next to the logrite booth.  Kevin informed me that I had just missed  a couple of other members.  Wanted to go on Saturday but held a sawmill demo at my place for a local woodworking club so had to wait till Sunday.  Size of the show appeared to be about the same.  Wasn't a lot of mills and other equipment running on Sunday.  I am sure most of the vendors were very tired by this time.   The new site was easier to get to, right off of the interstate, even though it was about a 30 minute longer drive for me.  All in all a great day for me and my son to spend together.  Even if he did get the last of the logrite brownies! :D.   But I'm sure Kevin will vouch for me when I say I didn't need any. ;)   Son did say it was the best brownie he ever ate, thanks Tammy.   Would also like to here from anyone who went to the Nelsonville show on how well it turned out.    Maybe next year I can meet up with some other members.  Kevin, still haven't tried out the new logrite yet, maybe tomorrow.  Thanks for you hospitality(sp?).
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

EZ

Mrs. EZ and I had a very nice time at the Paul Bunyan festival on Friday.  We met Husband and Wife at the Peterson mill what a great couple!  He was on the hunt for brownies!  We found the brownies with Tammy and Kevin of course and I had to have one, woooooooohooooooooo.... Got to say howdy to Dewwood and Mountain Jack. Always great to see the members in person. Wish ya all could have been there.
EZ

dewwood

The show got off to a soft start due to all of the rain they had Thur. while the vendors were setting up.  The staff of the fairgrounds did a good job of trying to cope with mother nature.  Met a lot of forum people as well as many nonforum people.  Camped next to Mtnjack and Tom and Eric Averwater and their very nice families.  Had some nice campfires and some of Tom's dutch oven chocolate chip cookies, very tasty.  Talked with Kevin and Tammy and boys from Logrite and enjoyed some of Tammy's great brownies.  Got to talk with gmmills, EZ and met Frickman and had a nice chat.  Talked to several vendors and overall had a very nice time(except for the mud).  Sorry I did not get to meet woodhick as I left early Sun morning for the drive home.  Hope to go back in a couple of years.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Part_Timer

EZ

That was Husband but it wasn't Wife.  That was Layla from the Skillmill group.  Wife is leaving on Thursday to come over and be a part of the Moultrie show in GA.  But you are  right they are great people. 

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Husband

The turn out was great at the show. HSV and I had to move from the other sawmills though because we needed "power" for the skill mill we had. At least we had dry feet where we were!
Layla has the camera and wont let me touch it, see takes photos of any machine with a motor on it.
We are currently about 20mins from Part-timers house so we will pay him and Katie a visit before heading on to Des moines for a wood working show, from there we head down to Moultrie.
Having fun meeting you all.
Captain, I even found some Sam Adams in cambridge OH.
No doubt layla will post the pics of the tour later for you all to see.

Captain

Being the Patriot that he is, Sam Adams is everywhere.  October is his favorite month.

Captain

Todd

I was there with my father Friday...not a bad turnout, but I'd never been to the Paul Bunyan show before.  The site was, well......soft!

I saw Peterson demoing their new Brownie powered mill..

Even though I was taking a day off, I just had to mill some wood...

An intersting mill, this is the Serra.  Very odd articulated arm to roll and hold the logs on it.

Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Greg

I came up for most of Friday afternoon, saw some of the axe throwing competition. Was a bit windy and chilly when I first got there.

Only complaint was it took awhile to find the Peterson's guys, I think the spot they were given according to the map in the program, in the infield turned out to be a big mud puddle. They ended up in a corner along with a bunch of outdoor wood stove vendors. Kinda difficult to find them, but eventually got there. I am still waiting for the call telling me I won their skill mill raffle ;-)

I was floored at the monstrous Morbark machines, chewing up what I would call logs, and spitting them out as a pile of woodchips. First time I'd seen that. I wonder who in the heck/what kinda land clearing busines can afford such a machine. Those gotta be a several hundred thousand $ contraptions.

Talked to my buddy Mark Havel w/Future Forestry again, and had a nice loing talk with Matt who was closeby.  He works for American Bandsaw Company - they also make log arches too! Nice to see products made locally here in the USA - Zanesville specifically.

Greg

Warren

The wife and I made it Friday afternoon.  Met up with BBTom and spent some good time discussing mills.  Also made it to the Peterson exhibit (I too am waiting to hear that I won the skill mill !)  And some time at the WM and Baker tents.

My first time to the Paul Bunyan show.  Not certain what the previous shows were like, but too many toys.  Five hours was not enough time to see everything I wanted to see. But 450 mile round trip made it a long day. With all the rain we have had in the past several weeks, I really didn't pay attention to the soft ground condition.

Will definitely do it again.

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Striker

I enjoyed talking to Chris and Layla at the Petersons booth, and having a go at the ATS mill Thanks Chris for letting us run the mill and for sharing your brownies with us.

I noticed that the Bunyan Burgers were not up to Nelsonville standards.

I went to Nelsonville on Friday. It was a small show, but I still managed to spend the whole day there. The show in Nelsonville has plenty of room to grow. They need to have it on a different weekend  than the PBS.

Jeff

woodhick

Striker, when my son and myself ate lunch that is the first thing he said about it.  The bunyan burgers are not near as good as Nelsonville.  I told him it was because they cooked them on propane and at Nelsonville they were cooked on charcoal.  I beleive they were more expensive at Cambridge too, but my memory is not that good anymore. ;D
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Ohio_Bill

Went to Nelsonville on Friday and  Cambridge on Sunday  The Hamburger's were much better in Nelsonville but Tammy 's brownies were the best .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Frickman

I went to the Paul Bunyan Show on Saturday. Took along a sawmiller friend from home. Got to meet Dewwood and have one of Tammy's brownies. All in all a good day.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

HSV

I'd love to post some pics, but I have to learn how first!!!  I promise that when I get back to the office next week, I will work on it  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!