iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small Farm Trade Show - Columbia, MO. - Nov. 2-4, 2006

Started by Bibbyman, October 07, 2006, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Time flies when your havin' fun!   8)

It'll soon be time for the Small Farm Show in Columbia, Mo. again.

Here is a link to their web site.

14th National - Small Farm Trade Show & Conference

Come on down and say Hi! smiley_wavy

You may even get to see Mary pull a few slabs!  :)

Here is a link to last years posts on the show..

Small Farm Show - Columbia, MO. Nov 3-5, 2005 - Sawmill demos and more

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Just cheked with Will Baugh of WM Mt. Verning, MO. and Greg Baire of WM Indy and they will be at the show with an LT40HDG28 and LT15.  I think also they'll have a Lathe-Mizer as they've asked me to bring some cedar logs for one.

Looks like the weather should be cool but sunny so come on down.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Sorry I missed ShowMeSawyer yesterday afternoon when he dropped by the Small Farm Show.  The weather has been pretty nice overall. A little cool at times.  Visited with a lot of folks. Going back today so come on down.

Trafic at the show has been light but the Wood-Mizer Demo did draw some good crowds at times. At least it's not raining!

Here are a couple of ol'Timers - both WM owners (One has LT40 Super the other an LT15) - watching Will demo the LT15 to make sure the "kid" does it right.  :D

More later....
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Mary finally got to get to the Small Farm Show on Saturday.  Here she and Will Baugh were playing around with the Lathe-Mizer.

Mr. Keener and son were there demoing their mills.

There was a lot more activity on Saturday and we got to visit with a lot of old friends and talk to some new ones.

I was pleased to get to visit with long-time friend Clifford Siebeneck.  I've wrote about Clifford before.  He's a very early Wood-Mizer owner with a customer number under 200.  He's passed the million board foot mark many years ago.  He's now 74 years old and still mobile saws with his 92 model LT40HDG24 mill.  He told me this past week he sawed over 11,000 bf in four days.  That included over 3500 bf in one day.  And the location was an hour's drive each way.  He said he just sawed as there was plenty of help pulling boards.  They sticked the lumber as they pulled it from the mill.

I doubt if we've ever produced that much lumber in for consecutive days!  Maybe if I'm still sawing at 74 – you think?

Here is a link to a story about Clifford on the Wood-Mizer web site.

At 71,  He's still sawing strong.

Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!