iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Truly Dedicated Sawyer!

Started by Brad_S., September 28, 2006, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

I have way to many logs sitting around needing my attention so I called in an extra gun to help out - Ram70. The forecast was calling for rain, and lots of it. Ram70 showed up minus sawmill at 7:30 a.m. for a weather consultation. Since I couldn't squeeze him into the barn with my mill in there too, we decided to put the sawing off until next week, so Ram70 headed out to do other jobs on his to do list. By 9:30, the rain was still a no show and Ram70 showed up again, this time with mill in tow. Of course once he had the mill set up it began to rain but this dedicated sawyer didn't let a day long downpour slow him down! smiley_really_happy

Here are the conditions I stuck him in. :-\

Wet but grinning. Every time I apologized for making him saw in the rain,
he would insist he was having fun! :)

I think he was working up a sweat but it was hard to tell with the rain running down his face. :D

At one point I sat warm and dry in the Bobcat and watched the guy work. ;)
He did a great job!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Left Coast Chris

That simplicity mill is a neat little mill!    Hey.... the rain beats the heat ...... as long as the mud is not stuck in the bard  eh?

You have a good friend there  :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Ga_Boy

Brad,

Working in conditions like that seperates the men from the boys.   Now you know who to call when you need help.   HOO!!! YAH!!!! Ram 70, good on ya......

A few weeks ago I was hauling logs and dropping two trees for a friend.  I call up my helper but he had committed to taking his wife on vacation that weekend.  He did offer up his son.  I spoke with the son and told him what we were going to do that day.  He agreed to help and show up at my place at 6:30 AM to hit the road for the first job.  I pulled out of the drive at 6:50 AM with no help in sight.  I go drop the trees and head to the next job, the helper called me said he got "lost" and agreed to meet me at the shop upon my return from picking up the logs.  He did show up and we did some work that afternoon.  I told him I could use him the next day as I had a lot of milling to do, he agreed to show up at 8:00 AM, it was a Sunday after all.  I have not seen or heard from the "son" and it has been three weeks......

Still looking for a dependable helper.....

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!