iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need a 60" bar......

Started by Buzz-sawyer, September 28, 2006, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

Hi all.
Seems a while back someone posted a chainsaw shop on here that was out west coast....any way they had good prices on large bars.....
any one have a good lead on this or any source of a bar????
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

Got my 50" from Baileys. Found a slightly less costly one, but, Shipping made it higher cost wise.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Don_Papenburg

Can you weld two 30" together ? :-\ ;D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ga_Boy

Buzz,

Check with Carl Nutzel, you can find his contact info on the LOGRITE web site.   Or like Harold did, call Bailey's....

You got options...... 8) 8)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Furby

fishhuntcutwood

Bailey's and Madsens are both out here, and both carry long bars.  Both with fair prices.
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

JimBuis

Buzz,
Send a PM to Michael.  Michael is his Forum handle.  I'll PM you his email address.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

rebocardo

Person I bought my 3120 from had a 5 foot bar and the whole set up for the MKIII including stinger handle and ripping chains. She wanted $300 for the whole set up. If interested, let me know by e-mail and I will track down her phone#.

SwampDonkey

What ya sawing now Buzz ?  ;D  :P
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Captain

Hey folks, just reminding you all that we here at TimberPro handle bars from Oregon, GB and Dolmar as well.  Any size and accessory you can dream up.  The website will have the GB products including the GB Lumbermill listed very soon.  We only have large bars in stock for the Peterson Clip On Slabbers, but all bars are available for next day shipping.

Just click on TimberPro on the left...

Captain

Buzz-sawyer

Hi all,
I am workin on another attachment for a mill....a slabbing saw powered by a v twin motor....no it is not a Harley though.... :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Dean,at Washington hotsaws had some 60" Homelite hardnosed some time back,fairly cheap,new ones.I saw a harvester bar,must have been that big.last Sunday at the Paul Bunyan show in Cambridge Ohio.I never checked but I imagine the price was qiuite steep.

Baileys of course can get about any length bar anybody could ever imagine to need,at a price of course.http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/scan/arg=%22/fi=products/st=db/tf=sortorder%2cdescription/co=yes/sf=category/se=292/op=eq/ml=5.html

Rail-O-Matic

Try a Cannon bar, I run both 50 and 60's for milling, with a 325 1.6 conversion, boy what a difference is cutting speed, top bars, superb quality, you gets what you pay for.
Davy.
Logg-saw bandmill, Stihl 088, Stihl MS880, Stihl MS660, Stihl 017, 018,  Husky 385XP, Husky 395, Husky 350, Echo WES 350ES, Echo CS 27T, Jonsered 2150 Turbo, Jonsered 111S, good old saw still going after more than 20 years hard service.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

Well I missed a good oppertunity fromCaptain  :'( :'(any other chances out there??
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

PB Logging

Buzz,  I'm in Montgomery County.  I've got a 60" .404 off an 090 available.  it has a helper handle.

Thank You Sponsors!