iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mighty Mite Generation III

Started by Stephen1, September 26, 2006, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

I found a mighty mite generation III in my price range . Lots of hydraulic, but no hydraulic log loader, but I have a loader. This saw is an 85, I want a saw for personal use mostly for the next few years. I have my own woodlot.
my question is what is the reputation of this saw? would it be worht 12hr drive to see it and what would I look for to be wrong with it. I can try to fix lots of things don't always succed but I try.
Any opions would be appreciatted.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Steve

In my expecience with a Might Mite. Don't remember the  model number but. The  right anglegear box for the edger shaft can be problematic. 
In general I like the mills. Especially for a permanant installation.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

woodbowl

I took an 8 hour trip just to see a Mightymite and it seemed to be an awsome saw. The application in this case was mainly for beams. It was too much saw for me because I needed to stay portable. I would certainly want to see it in all phases of operation before considering a purchase.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

jpgreen

There's an LT40 Super Hydraulic Diesel on eBay right now for bout' 15K, and pretty late model too.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!