iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using a 120V Chainsaw at the Log Deck

Started by StimW, September 20, 2014, 07:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StimW

I've got a cheapo Poulan 14" 120V Chainsaw and I have found it very useful for cutting up scrap around my log deck.
I even used it to cut shorter a 18" X 18' 5" log and it cut as good as my new Echo Chainsaw.
If you have 120V power at your deck you might consider one of these. They are priced well under $100. if you shop around.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Nomad

I wrecked a couple of the Poulans, but I really liked 'em.  Now I have a Craftsman.  Same price, same saw, just a different color and a better warranty.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

backwoods sawyer

Used a 24" elect Stil for years. Mainly for cutting cants out of edgers and clearing cross ups on decline chain where balance was inportant. Handy saws to use.

Just be sure to get one that has a good quality bar, some of the light duty short ones have bars that will spread apart just cutting 2x4's ::) 
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!