iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Zach's Pumpkins 06

Started by Corley5, September 21, 2006, 09:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Lots of them

Happy with the results ;D

Third load picked and probably that many more to go :)

Gator load of little ones.  We've had requests for little pumpkins in the past.  We got lots of them this year.  This is from a half row :o

Of course when it's your pumpkin patch you get to pick out the biggest ones 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Paschale

Looks like the little guy's proud of his crop, as well he should be!   ;D  8)

It's gonna be a Happy Halloween!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Paul_H

Hey,tell Zach he done good  8)

Is today the last day of Summer or first day of Autumn?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Corley5

One of our calendars says the 23 is the first day of Autumn.  The other two don't say anything ::)  He's happy 8)  He and Grammy even carved a couple of the little one's tonight.  He wasn't too far into a Scooby Doo movie after the days activities and he was out ;D :) :) :)

CHARLIE

Nice patch of pumpkins 8)  Zach sure did raise a bunch of fine looking ones. I thought we had a bunch in Donna's garden, but our 21 pales beside Zach's patch.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

Way to go Zach! That's a bumper crop for sure. :)

scsmith42

Wow - you can sure see the pride reflected in Zach's face and eyes (and deservedly so!).  Nice job!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Roxie

Kids and produce.....brings a tear to your eye, don't it?   8)
Say when

asy

Wow!!

How COOL!!!

Are they good eating pumpkins? Or solely used as Jack-o-lanterns?

They all look a really nice regular shape, they'll be snapped up in no time!

Congrats Zach!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bro. Noble

Those punkins aren't the only thing on that farm that's growing up nicely-----That Zack is a prizewinner himself.  I remember when he was just being anticipated ;Dn  Congratulations Corley 8) 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Corley5

Thanks guys 8) 8)  Just decorator models.  The last four years has sure flown by :o

Patty

I don't know who is luckier, Zach for having a great dad, or Corley for having the time to spend with his son. :)   Seems like a good combination to me.  8)

Wow! Sure looks like a super crop of pumpkins.  smiley_turkey_hide
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

UNCLEBUCK

Little yooperman I believe has cornered the market on pumpkins ! Great thread and pics !  :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

SwampDonkey

Nice crop Zach and Corley, you gonna be able to sell all those?  :o

Sunday morning at 3 minutes past midnight eastern time is autumn. So, it'll be 1:03 am here on the Atlantic. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Quartlow

Quote from: Corley5 on September 22, 2006, 11:38:19 AM
Thanks guys 8) 8)  Just decorator models.  The last four years has sure flown by :o

Don't blink!! time flies when your having fun, won't be long. he will be driving.
He sure is a cute kid, and proud of those pumpkins!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Captain

Brendan saw the this thread (he is 6) and he asked if he could have a big field of pumpkins like that.  I told him that we would have to clear more land first.  he thought for a minute then said "I'll just take over the log yard"

Captain

Saki

Man that is great. Looks like everybody involved had a great time. What a nice looking place. Looks like a great spot for little ones to grow up and learn what things are really about, and what is important and real. Congratulations! If pumpkins did that well, have you folks every tried watermelon or muskmelon? Bet they would go gangbusters too.

bitternut

I guess I would have to say that Zach is one lucky little guy for a lot more reasons than a fine crop of pumpkins. 8)

Corley5

I consider myself very lucky to be able to spend as much time as I do with Zach.  We have a good time 8) and he is a good looking little guy even if I say so myself ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  He helped plant quite a few pumpkins this spring and helped pick some too but a four year olds attention span wanders ;D ;D  This is the 3rd season we've had pumpkins like this and it all started because I thought Zach oughta have the biggest pumpkin patch in town and then we made a little $$.  We've bought better seed each year and have really created a pretty good business.  This year for the first time we sold seven pickup loads to a wholesaler which pretty well cleaned out the patch and still left us with just short of four wagon loads for our own sales roadside.  The crop was considerably bigger this year due to the better seed and less winter squash.  Last year I ran out of pumpkin seed and finished up with squash.  I also spaced the rows and planting distances farther apart which seemed to also help.   We'll probably have a few fruit left.  We usually do but they'll go for deer feed ;) ;D  We plant a couple rows of winter squash and some zuchinni but haven't tried any melon.  We used to grow some in the gardens but the results weren't real good ???  We're already looking towards next years crop.  One variety that I wanted was sold out when I placed our order.  I really want to try them as they are the sister variety to one we planted this year but average a third bigger 8)  We're also gonna rotate them to new ground.  This being the third season in the same spot we had some issues with squash bugs for the first time.  It's a learning experience for all of us :) :)   

Saki

Keep on plugging, it looks like its working good for ya. Best of luck to you

SwampDonkey

Matermelon is probably tricky, but I'de think you could grow cantelop. They grow some here, but you have to know the varieties that best grow in your area.

This time of year I see tons and tons of pumpkin and I could never imagine them all being sold. Amazing.  8) I could here it now if I tried to sell one for $2: 'Oh my dear that's hi'.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!