iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another use for your Chainsaw

Started by Ianab, September 21, 2006, 03:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Feel lucky enough to strap your feet into this contraption  :o ?

4 wheel drive and an 85 cc Husky powerhead should make for a pretty exciting ride.

Umm.. after you  ;)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Mike_Barcaskey

Ian, make sure you wear that helmet and maybe kevlar gloves, chaps and three or four coats.
Hey look it's the Michilen Man on a skateboard!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

rebocardo

First I thought the boots were seats! That is crazy  :D

scsmith42

Man, somebody's got a death wish if they floor the throttle in that contraption!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

I know a couple three people I'd like ta strap to it. :D

I mean thats quite a rig. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Ian, redesign'r for a go-cart. Hopefully, it will have enough pull. Wear the ear plugs. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

logwalker

Hey Ian, What is the name of that unit. I want to get one before I am to old to ride. Way Cool. LW
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Modat22

I like that myself, would love to try it out.
remember man that thy are dust.

Husband

Have you been talking to Jake... :D :D :D :D

Ianab

Haha.. yeah Jake would try it eh  :D

I did find the company that makes them tho.

http://www.a2xtreme.com/dirtthingz/index.htm

They seem to have found some crash test dummies.. customers to try them out  ;D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

CHARLIE

I'm not sure I'd want my feet strapped into those boots! I'd want something with a quick release. Maybe some ski bindings or something like that.  Once, many years ago,  when I was visiting Door County, Wisconsin,  I saw a many on a skateboard that had a chainsaw engine on the back, a 'T' pipe on the front for handle bars. He was just cruising around the town. I thought that was a neat way to run downtown and home. I think someone is marketing motorized scooters now. They would be fun to have but that contraption you are picturing looks dangerous. :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

I see a local kid on a motor scooter drive by here once in awhile. Seems like a nice toy. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

yup.. we got the normal motorised skateboards and scooters, usually have a nice sensible little 30cc weedwacker engine on them.. they do look like fun.

Thats things 85cc, and 4 wheel drive, it does have disc brakes at least  :D

Ian

Modat22

WOW, I'd love to try one but not at $5000.00  :o

sawguy21

I had better not show that to my 14 year old buddy. Fear is not in his vocabulary. :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Blake22

I had to look didn't I. Maybe I won't remember this Monday. That is cool, for sure.
Blake

Saki

Being big, slow and clumsy, that looks like a spectator sport from this angle, although the unit sure looks cool, I can't picture me on it without the phrase " 2 cycle death " coming to mind.hahaha

Timburr

Guys. It's got a throttle AND a brake. It'll go as fast OR slow as you wannit to go!!!
Sense is not common

PineNut

That throttle and brake sound good.  Throttle closed and brake full on. Then maybe I could stay on it.

Left Coast Chris

The son of some friends we have known for years bought one of the crotch rocket super bikes (motor cycles).    The son admitted that he had it up to 130mph and said that it did not feel very fast and the bike had allot of throtle left.  This over powered skate board is in the same bracket.     There is a good name for the people that love these things............ ORGAN DONER.

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

amberwood

MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

sawguy21

A buck thirty did not feel fast ??? I sure don't want to go there, especially on two wheels.
The rev limiter on a lot of the new bikes cuts in around 185. Prolly a lame attempt to reduce manufacturers liability :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Modat22

Bah, you need that power for off roading. How are you going to jump a house if you can't get escape velocity??

Gustavo

had you patent it  .. sell it for my mother in law ;D

good comentary  mike bacaskey ;D

realy is a very creative idea  who do yo control the speed??
and the out run of the engine?
thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

UNCLEBUCK

That is awesome Ian  8)  Lets see you riding it ! Show us your stuff buddy ol' pal ! 8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!