iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mac 10-10

Started by Dave T, September 18, 2006, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T

Just curious how many cc's and hp are the old Mac 10-10's.
Tried looking it up on the web and could not find that info.
So I thought I would ask the experts here on the forum.

Thanks
Dave

sawguy21

Check out Mike's site www.acresinternet.com I had the privelege of meeting him last week, very nice guy. Did  a tour of his warehouse and drooled over the old saws, especially a restored Burnett 2 man 8) 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Al_Smith

Depending on the year,3.3 cubic inchs or 3.5 cubic inchs.Most likely one of the longest production runs of any saw ever made.This was still being made when big Mac went out of business.

I don't really know the HP,I'd guess around 3 1/2 to 4 .What ever,it's enough .I think I've got 5 or 6 of them myself.

mike_van

They were LOUD - My cousin had one [probably still does] He'd be 20' away, i'd be using my 041, couldn't hear mine over the noise of his 10-10.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Al_Smith

Yes indeedy,loud enough to wake the dead.Nothing built around that time period had quite mufflers,it seems.You have to remember that this was in the day before modern pressure can mufflers were even thought of.

Now,affectionatos of modern saws may find this very hard to believe.Husky,Sachs and several others did research on this series of engines as well as the SP 81's etc.They could not figure out how Mac got such a good combination of RPM s and torque from this design of engine.This info comes from a vey reliable source as I think he worked for Husqvarna at the time.

sawguy21

I recently had a customer come in wanting a new muffler for a 10-10, he couldnt stand the noise. :D I looked at his saw and told him there was nothing wrong with it, they all were like that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dave7191

all those mac were loud i've got either an 850 or 650 promac that needs a carb.  kit but it is so load that when it quick running the last time i didn't even bother working on it ;D

Al_Smith

A PM 650 is just a later model of a PM 610 ,pretty common.An 850 is a later model of a super pro 81 real powerful 5 cubic inch saw.If it's an 850 and too loud for you,send it my way,I've got ear plugs. :D

Thank You Sponsors!