iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another project out of the way

Started by Quartlow, September 14, 2006, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Had an order for one of these tables. all the others I've done didn't have a drawer in them.

Cherry, that I cut down, milled and dried  8)  8)
36X28X13

Best part was she wanted it unfinished Less work for me!!
BBased on a plan from woodworkers journal. Only thing I really did was add the drawer, and I used mortise and tenons on the aprons where they used a sliding dovetail

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

Nice table. 8)   As most of my customers would say, "that can't be cherry, everyone knows that cherry is real dark". ;)
Bob - the builder of furniture fit to be burned
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Nicely done, Quartlow! 8) 8)  I love the simple lines...but wait!  Do those tapered legs turn just a bit at the top?  Subtleties like that make such a piece a classic.  I sure hope you signed it. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

getoverit

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Quartlow

Quote from: DanG on September 14, 2006, 10:29:44 PM
Nicely done, Quartlow! 8) 8)  I love the simple lines...but wait!  Do those tapered legs turn just a bit at the top?  Subtleties like that make such a piece a classic.  I sure hope you signed it. ;)

You sir have crooked eyes,  :D It's just that cheap camera phone. But looking at the pics I see what you mean and now I'm on a tear for another mod of this plan.

And yes I signed it.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

:D :D :D  Just the fish-eye effect of a cheap camera, eh?  Well, it's still a really sweet example of a classic table.  Maybe ya got a new idea out of that little bit of distortion.  You could make another one and sell it for enough to buy a decent camera. ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

You did a fine job building that table.  Be sure to let your customer know what sunlight does to cherry.  I love cherry and I think it's my favorite wood to work with.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

thecfarm

Looks good.I'll have to keep the wife from this post or you'll be shipping a table to Maine.  :D  :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Quartlow

Thnks guys

Cfarm, whats your phone number. I'll call her and tell to stay away  ::)  :D

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!