iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If Allowed, Only For A Moment Of Silent Reflection

Started by tcsmpsi, September 11, 2006, 09:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

Not sure if this is acceptable as the 'general' application or not, but feeling as a notable world event and worthy of a moment of inner reflection for all humanity...

This was presented to me by a comrade who has since, himself, fallen in the line of duty.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

scsmith42

I think that it's appropriate.  Any time that so many innocents perish, due to the hatred of others, it's worthy of silent reflection.

Doesn't matter which faith, country, race, or what not - barbaric acts transcend all other boundaries.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

crtreedude

In my opinion, appropriate.

I was only 40 miles away on 9-11, I am certain I will never forget it. Those who went into those buildings were true heros in every sense of the word.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

SwampDonkey

Even though I live outside the US, I'll never forget it. I've even been to them towers in 1996. The tragedy still isn't over. All the health problems with the rescue people and folks that lived near ground zero is also tragic. I don't know what the government and worker's comp think them towers were made from. Cottage cheese maybe? But to think it was safe to breath that stuff is purely insane and then to deny compensation is criminal. Sounds just like workers comp in this province to. Pisses me off.  >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

You are so right SW - I could smell those buildings for weeks afterwards. I couldn't imagine being upclose. I wanted to go help as well but couldn't.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Chris Burchfield

A special thanks to all who serve. God Bless those who serve here and abroad. God Bless you and the innocent of far away lands. To keep you safe and return home. My favorite saying from the song, "This Lady may have stumbled, but she ain't never fell." Amen.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thecfarm

We remembered this day 5 years ago.And will always remember it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tcsmpsi

I was off in another part of the country and had just finished up a couple days of training.  One of the fellows from our network, and a good friend, had asked me a few days before a couple technical questions about a protective detail he was going to be doing in the immediate area of the WTC that day.  I was getting things together in the motel room, getting ready to leave, had the news on, and caught the first plane hitting the first tower.   I immediately called my buddy and told him what had happened so they could drop everything else and get their convoy out. 

It was good, because at that moment, they didn't have a clue.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Stephen1

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 11, 2006, 03:59:25 PM
But to think it was safe to breath that stuff is purely insane and then to deny compensation is criminal. Sounds just like workers comp in this province to. Pisses me off.  >:(
like you SD i will never forget. I think the biggest tragedy now is the fact that the health of the hereo's that were on the rescue and clean up crews  is being  sluffed off when they need the help the most. It will get straigtened out, but it will take to long to be of much help to the ones we are hearing about now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!