iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fixing compression relief valve Husky 365

Started by rebocardo, September 10, 2006, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

Hi,

For whatever reason, my compression relief valve is not popping up once the saw starts on my Husky 365. I can not tell if it is popping and the button is not moving because the saw seems fine. I am not sure how it works either, though taking the saw apart is an option, it is still under warranty. Is it that hard to fix myself?

How do you fix the little bugger?

parrisw

I had this happen on my saw, it was that the button was rubbing on the case not allowing it to pop out.  I just filed the hole a bit.

sawguy21

How long have you had the saw and what mix ratio are you running? A piece of carbon could be stuck in it. If it is sticking open, the saw will not idle properly if at all or develop full power.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I replaced one relief valve on my last husky.That was real easy to do.A deep well socket did it in no time.It's about an inch long and 3/8 wide,really nothing to it.But if it was me,I would take it back to the dealer and let them fix it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rebocardo

> How long have you had the saw and what mix ratio are you running?

About a year, usually 40:1 unless I am using the Stihl mix then it is 50:1.  I do not use it that often.

I bought it from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company. As long as it does not cost a lot, I do not mind paying to replace it. Just wanted to make sure it was a removable part before I tried to remove it  ;)

Tony_T

It's about like changing a spark plug.  Slather on some never sieze to the threads just like you would a spark plug.

rebocardo

Thanks everyone! I removed and cleaned it with PB Blaster, carb clean, and brake clean. When I tried to put it back in, it would not fit! The hole it sat in was full of carbon, then I realized there was just a odd shaped pinhole in the cyl that went to one side.  So, I scraped and dug it all out, filled the hole and cyl. with carb cleaner, then dumped it all out. Then some anti-seize on the valve and I was all done. Almost looked brand new.

I was having a slight annoying problem with my saw dying right after coming off a cut. Saw runs great and unlike before, it starts with one pull now, and has way more power.  :)

Maybe I should seafoam it every once in a while.

Thank You Sponsors!