iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to us

Started by Corley5, September 10, 2006, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

This is actually a 5000 and has a 4 cyl Perkins rather than a three.  Torque converter trannys were optional on these and not on the 203s and the sheetmetal is a bit different.  I don't know if the loader is the same or not.  I think the 203 used the MF 203 Work Bull tractor as the base while the 5000 used the MF 50 tractor loader backhoe drive train.  I haul 12 footers all the time and could haul sixteens if I had some shorter ones to stack on top of them to hold em down  or if I didn't have to make any sharp turns I could slide them tight to the front ;)  I did find some logs I couldn't pick up with it.  I could get them about four feet off the ground and that was it.  They're three big 8 foot beech logs.  They're too big to run through the processor and worth little as anything but firewood so I was going to haul them to the neighbor for firewood.  Guess I'll have to cut em in half. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Reddog

On the ones that it won't pick. Back the machine right up to one end. Pick the end up and drag the log on. I have seen the old timers load some large logs on a mule that way.

Ed_K

Glad that new bucket's work for you. On my small forwarder trailer the boom will only lift 900#s so I grab the small end and set it on the back of the trl then pick up the butt and put it on the front. I've lifted 1500-1800 # logs this way.
Ed K

Chelsea Tree

Has the she been sold yet?  I noticed the post about her being for sale has disappeared......  ???

Corley5

I got zero bites from the ad I placed here so I put an ad on Craigslist and sometime in Nov. it left on a truck bound for Quebec.  Selling price was 9,500.00.

mad murdock

Nice looking 'Mule Corley 5. Congratulations.  I bet the bypass bucket is a nice addition to the machine!  FYI, the factory standard Gafner loader configuration is as follows from left to right #1 main boom up (lever away from operator)-Main boom down (lever towards operator), #2 Stick boom up (lever away)-stick boom down (lever towards), #3 boom swing-left (lever away)-right (lever towards), #4 rotate bucket-left(ccw, lever away)-right (cw, lever towards), #5 bucket open/close-open (lever away) closed (lever towards)- for driving the main boom and swing levers are pushed away to the float position, if memory serves.  I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours at the controls of an '83 model, but the last time I did that was in 1983! I am pretty sure on the controls config. In case you were wondering.
Looks like a mighty fine old machine there, that has been looked after well.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Corley5

It served us well.  It was also time for an upgrade :)

Autocar

Great looking machine !  :)
Bill

Bobus2003

Quote from: Corley5 on January 28, 2011, 11:57:43 AM
It served us well.  It was also time for an upgrade :)

What did ya upgrade too?

Corley5

[img]

It's newer than an 1986 according to an old TF guy I talked to a while back.  It's got a 4 cyl Deutz for power.  These pics are from last summer when I took delivery.  It's got some scars on the blade and isn't clean now  8)  I've been meaning to take some pics but just haven't taken the camera to the woods with me.

ScottAR

That is one sweet machine!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Chelsea Tree

This was your Mule right?

http://www.publiquip.com/Heavy_Equipment_Truck/Massey-Ferguson-Iron-Mule-5000-Forwarder--2104734133.htm

It's unfortunately been sold again.  Not to me.....d'oh!

I tried to post the pic of it but I can't quite figure out how to do that yet.... ???

Corley5

That would appear to be it  :)

Thank You Sponsors!