iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Advertising point Wood-Mizer could have used....

Started by Mrs. Customsawyer, September 10, 2006, 02:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Customsawyer

they could have put something in their brochure about a free workout. or no gym dues required. After spending my first full week with the huband running his LT40, I have discovered  muscles I never even knew excisted! Could anyone possibly want more exercise at the end of the day then what it offers. I think not.  8)

Gus

Good point Mrs. CS!

Welcome to the forum. If your country folk, even just at heart, You've found a good place to hang out.

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Bibbyman

Quote from: Mrs. Customsawyer on September 10, 2006, 02:48:06 PM
they could have put something in their brochure about a free workout. or no gym dues required. After spending my first full week with the huband running his LT40, I have discovered  muscles I never even knew excisted! Could anyone possibly want more exercise at the end of the day then what it offers. I think not.  8)

Welcome to the Forum.

Yea, the first summer we had our first Wood-Mizer LT40 manual,  I think I lost 20 lbs and 4" around the belt line.  But I got use to it... ;D

More than a few times Mary have come from the sawshed with our butts dragging out our tracks and I'll make a comment, "Are you ready to go to the gym for a workout tonight?"
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ianab

haha.. thats very true  :D  But it's not just a woodmizer feature, and the more boards a mill can cut, the more boards you have to move  ;D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

woodbowl

Hey Lorraine, I'm glad you decided to run that Super. Now you can keep a tab on Jake all day long.  ;D  How do you like running the mill with the new autoclutch? Summer time is on the way out, but there are still some hot days to endure. All the goodie is sapped out of me this time of year. Can't wait till winter.

How many feet did you cut last week. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say ..... oh about 20,000 BF.  ::)  ....   ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Mrs. Customsawyer

Thanks everyone for welcoming me aboard. I'm excited about learning :P as much as I can so I can give that husband of mine a run for his money. Literally! ha. I am loving being out there with him and learning how to run the mill. There certainly is a lot to take in. I have made more then my fair share of mistakes thus far. Jake said," Honey I expected you to make mistakes learning, Lord knows I have, I just didn't expect you to make every mistake I've ever made and some I didn't know were possible, all in the first week." Ha. But we've had a blast and he's been extremely patient with me. He's had to leave his mill and come bail me out of some doosies. Like when the log got spun all but completely off the mill. So he certainly didn't have one of his record weeks last week. And I can see him over there out of the corner of my eye, watching me like a hawk. I know sometimes it's all he can do to not run over there and get that log set up just the way he would, he's all but chewing his lower lip off. But to his credit most of time he lets me stuggle with figuring it out on my own. By day five I was averaging about six logs a day, white oak, so I was proud of me smiley_hellow_im_here . Course Jake knocks out 2-3 over sized white oak logs in an hour so I've a ways to go and I'm going to give him that run.  smiley_bouncing_pinky                                                                            Raine :P

Bibbyman

Would it help to have Mary lookin' over your shoulder?

Here I think she's about to smack Muleman's hand if he pokes the wrong button.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Minnesota_boy

At least Percy stood at the other end of the log while I made my mistakes on his LT-70.  8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

broker farmer

Bibbyman, Mary doesn't seem to be quite able to see over Muleman's shoulder.  It does appear as though she could give him a good quick right upper cut to the jaw though!

DanG

Broker, I think that "looking over my shoulder" was figurative.  She was really peeping under his armpit. :-X :D

Raine, I'm tickled to death to hear that you're runnin' the 40!  So, ya get 6 logs a day?  That's 6 logs that didn't get sawed before you came along, ain't it?  You got a good teacher there.  That Whippersnapper can take some logs apart, and with a reasonable degree of accuracy.  Watch him and do what he does.  Ask some questions.  Listen to the answers.  Most of all, have fun!  Y'all got a great situation there, with an endless supply of logs and you get to cut out what those logs were intended to be.  That's a lot better than making 1x10s from logs that should have been 2x8s, or vice-versa. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

Good move, Jake.

Don't never miss out on a good chance to shut up. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mrs. Customsawyer

Well I'm in the middle of week two and I've discovered something new. Not only do I no longer require a gym membership I think I can toss the sleeping pills out. One of our fellows that handles the wood as it comes off of Jake's sawmill has been out all week so instead of running my sawmill, I've been filling in. Those guys earn every penny they get paid. I used to claim I never sweated. I think I just never worked hard enough before to pop one.
Between pushing boards, feeding them through the edger, pushing some boards this a way and others that a way, rake the sawdust, shovel the sawdust, band the lumber, count the lumber, fetch the logs, clean the logs, roll the logs etc. I've been sleeping well! But I'm loving every minute of it.  smile_juggle

Thank You Sponsors!