iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart.

Started by Tillaway, January 04, 2003, 07:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart:

50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Canadians plant gardens.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C): Italian cars won't start.
Canadians drive with the windows down.

32 Fahrenheit (0 C): American water freezes.
Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C): New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C) Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460 Fahrenheit (-273 C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C): Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

J Beyer

:D :D :D :D The Leafs win the Stanley Cup! :D :D :D :D when it gets -500F!
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Everytime I make my pilgrimage around Lake Superior on my motorcycle I have to stop and check the weather rock at the Canadian Carver on 17 in Ontario.  :)  Acording  to the rock, if it's wet it's raining!  ;D  I much prefer when the rock is warm, wich of course means it's sunny!  8) 8) 8) 8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Heck Chet, ride er on down here. We got one of those!  We got the fancy model. The added features to ours is if its white its snowing and if its gone the wind is blowing DanG hard.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I've never seen snow on their rock,  :o  boy would that be a miserable bike ride! :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DonT

I am one of those Canadians that prefers the winter.You can always put another layer on but there is only so much my wife will let me take off.Our weather offices came up with a new term a number of years ago.Windchill, now instead of being -10 it is -60 with windchill.Ask someone the temp and they will say -whatever but -something with windchill.When i was young 5cm of snow was a dusting now this amount calls for a winter storm watch.One of these years the Leafs are going to win and all you doubters will be silenced.Yes i believe the Leafs can do it ,I also believe in the Easter bunny and Santa.   DonT

J Beyer

If the Minnesota Vikings ever win the Super Bowl, the Leafs will win the Cup.  The Vikings are good but someone always seems to play them extra tough in the playoffs.  Have the leafs ever made it into the playoffs?  I don't follow hockey so I have no idea.

JB

whitepe

When did the Leafs win?  Did I miss it?   :D

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

DonT

Yes the Leafs have won the CUP,they are just experiencing a little difficulty in the last few years(35).The only saving grace is they have beat the Senators in every round of the playoffs that they have met.If you think a whiny leaf fan is bad you ought to listen to Sens fans.   DonT

CHARLIE

Goooooooooooooooooo WILD 8) 8) 8)  Leaf who? Senators, Aren't they now called the Minnesota Twins? Ain't been the Senators for a looooong time...... ;)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodmills1

just think you could have been rooting for the

RED SOCKS

all these years :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

OneWithWood

Y'all be amatures with this rootin' fer a loozer stuff -

I been a CUBS fan all my life ;D

Followed Indiana University football for a lot of it too ;D ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

J Beyer

Bill Johnson

Its only -10 C to-day looks like I'll fire up the BBQ (brickets of course) tonite.  8) 8) 8)
Bill

ADfields

It was -1 F hear last night and I fired up the old BBQ but I used willow chunks. ;D
Andy

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

Love your ice hockey eh?!!  When I was up In Canada, I followed the locals - Canucks.  They didnt do too bad that year - 94.  I think that Pavel Bure started with them that year???  Only thing was I had to have someone explaining the rules to me as we went.  And they swore after a while that you could actually follow the pucks flight with the naked eye!  Also that year we did a swimming pool for one Doug Bodger.  Nice guy.  Dont know if hes still playing, but last I heard his name mentioned on ESPN, I think he was in Philidelphia???
Cheers
Charlie
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

whitepe

OWW,
I've been a Cubs fan all of my life too.
During the summer of 1969 when I was 17 I
was working at a hardware store in my hometown
of Culver, Indiana. (pop. about 1500).  

Ernie Banks had a day off and drove into town
in his purple Ford Thunderbird to visit his twin
sons who were attending the Summer Woodcraft
camp at Culver Military Academy.  Ernie stopped
at the Marathon station about 4 doors down from
the hardware store to get the oil changed in
his T-Bird. Across the street from the Marathon station
was a Texaco station whose owner was a die-hard Cubs fan.
He went across the street to change the oil.
In the meantime word got around town real fast
and I heard it at the hardware store. So, I quickly bought
a baseball and walked up the street for an autograph.
I got to talk to Ernie un-interrupted for 15 minutes.
It was one of the most exciting events in my life.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

OneWithWood

Great bit of luck, Whitpe 8) 8)

Ernie Banks epitomized everything I loved about the Cubs.  I can still see that easy swing of his as he drove countless balls out towards Waverly Ave.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DonT

It has warmed up this evening to about -9c so I think I will BBQ venison sausages tonight.We are expecting a little snow(5cm) but the kids and I are going skating at the local outdoor rink.The vancouver canucks are that team that you only see late at night here in Ontario,so i do not follow them to closely.A friend of mine has a fishing client that plays there,I think his name is Trent Klatt.I realize that alot of the forum members are not overly exposed to hockey in there respective locations,and therefore do not under stand all the nuances of the game.I grew up with hockey night in Canada and trading cards at school.It took me quite awhile to realize that American football is played with 4 downs.Canadians only play 3 down football.Enjoy winter.     DonT

hawby

At least the Cubs have had contenders recently.... I on the other hand am cursed with loving the Detroit Lions. :'(

We had the best running back to ever play the game, and he walked out because they stunk so bad. Every year is THE YEAR!!!!! Yeah, right..... I am really bummed now. They put FORD on the stadium  ;D

At least the Wings know how to score!!!!!!! 8)

klh
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Thank You Sponsors!