iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is ethanol-free gasoline available in Mass?

Started by Raphael, September 06, 2006, 01:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphael

All gas in CT now contains 10% ethanol, is ethanol-free gas still available in MA?
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Tony_T

I don't think so.  They used to just cut it with MTBE (methyl tertbutyl ether) but MTBE has been found to be a persistant problem with gas spills in that it somewhat water soulble and comtaminates groudwater in the event of a spill.  Now they(we) use ethanol too I think.

You could still get real gas in vermont up until recently but they may be switching over too.

I've got a 55 gal drum of premium I've using for my equipment/saws from a few years ago but soon I'll need a refill.  Might have to bite the bullet of extra cost and go to the airport for next refill :-[............

Captain

10% Ethanol is the norm in Massachusetts as well.

Raphael

I've been checking all the surrounding airports (with airnav), looks like the only thing available is 100LL at an average price of $4.65/gal.   :o
  That must really bug the guys who can run 80/87 or ethanol-free mogas.  Looks like blending down to '96 octane' is no longer an option either, anyone tried to get AVgas post 9/11?  I gather (from a comment on the web) some airports are getting selective about who and what gets near their pumps.
  Anyone running 100LL in their saws?
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Al_Smith

I just run medium grade pump gas,never had a problem yet.It may be blended here in the winter but to tell the truth,I don't really know.

Thank You Sponsors!