bad_boards

a small pile of syp logs my tree guy just brought me

some nice slabs

y`all be well

mikel

got 3 nice wide slabs

Stephen1

Looks good, what is the corner post made of for the car port. Looks interesting
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Tom

That's some nice looking pine.

brdmkr

My question is.... How did you get those logs in there?  There must have been some serious manuvering going on!  BTW, those are some pretty logs. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

bad_boards

ahh!
doh!

well, they were in the frontyard, then the kind fella next door yelled and screamed , so i moved them out of sight, rollin and rockin , and some elbow grease and a big honkin peevee.

took a while
those fat logs pivot nice when you rollem up on a wedge

bad_boards

plus , did u see my pic of me on the left?
i got some weight on me bones  too!

ha!

metalspinner

Neighbors can be a pain.  My buddy had to move about 6000 bf because a neighbor started complaining.  The city wrote him  up and he had a hearing.  He told them that he was saving logs from the landfill, and conserving a precious natural resource, ect... but they gave him 30 days to get rid of it, or they would get rid of it for him and leave the bill. They said he had "building materials" that  he didn't have a permit for. ::)  He even offered to put a fence around the pile, but the city said they already knew it was there.>:( 
It only takes one sour puss to screw things up.  Ever since then, I've been very dilegent about cleaning up and keeping things neat without letting piles of stuff get out of hand.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

bad_boards

these fine folks must have nothing better to do.
my tree dude dropped off a load and wasnt 10 mins the code enforcement
dude was here, must have the o`l bouy on speeddial

brite side is the fella is somewhat sympathetic to a robust avid hobbyest like myself
took the mill for spin tru a 24 inch  sweetgum.
then the next complaint was for noise, since my mill taint any louder then a lawnmower, not much to do bout that!!

next complaint was for the cutoffs sitting too long at the street, in a way that was good cus city clam truck comes more often now.

i never get these types, really ,. if have an issue with a nextdoor, i walk over and speakup,. never once has this blockhead, come over to say boo, katie my wife says cus i look "scary"  who knows,

gave me time to move the load and get a fence up,.he even came here got my fence permit app that he brought and filed it for me

happy milling and may all your mills cut true!!

brdmkr

Well that explains why they are there.  I suppose that was  a royal pain in the behind.  I've cut in my back yard before with no problems from the neighbors.  DanG and Woodbowl even helped ;).  I didn't do it long enoguh to see if the neighbors would care.  I figure they would come over and help out if I'd let them.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

pigman

I  knew there was an advantage to live a mile from the nearest public road and nearest neighbor. ;D  My neighbors don't care what I do because  they don't know what I do. :-X 
Nice looking logs and slabs bad_boards. 8)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

UNCLEBUCK

Hey you sound like a cool dude mr.bad_boards  8) Happy sawing
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

bad_boards

looking at your pics seems we have alot in common

did you make or buy the telecaster? cus i just dropped a huge sycamore, way figured,and they are just screamin to be tele necks. cant wait for it to dry

model planes too huh?

looks like you like to chow dwn too. ha!

UNCLEBUCK

:D yes sir I can chow down , elbows spread wide and chicken bones a flyin !

My telecaster is just a stock standard that I never case and leave in the woodshop , on the neck it says made in mexico but it barks pretty good . It is the cheapest tele that is made for 400$ as the one I wanted was a merle haggard bad dog edition for 5 grand but then I couldnt leave it in the woodshop uncased and have fun .

You have a interesting log yard , that syp sure looks like nice wood ! Well back to breakfast  :D  U.B.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

bad_boards

i make all my own , or use warmoth parts
get arrount the custom shops nutty prices

same thing i did with amps

learned how to make my own, i build tweed bassmans and tweed twins like from the 50s , from the ground up

wanta talk bout barkin, whew wee , built one for mr buddy guy , ifin you know blues
the o`l bouy can make a strat talk

peace

Thank You Sponsors!