iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood rack project has finished

Started by alsayyed, September 05, 2006, 11:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

I always wanted to build wood rack. So I have got paper and pencil and started sketching till I came with this design. It is strong and can be dismantled easily in the future. It made of 2x2 inch 2mm square tube. And 1 ½ inch tube, it is look ok and dose the job. I was looking for idea where I can raise the rack or the shelf up and down but could not fine any.

bedway

looks fine to me. sure beats haveing wood laying on the floor. mainly keeping dirt, grit and moisture off of it.  bedway

Ga_Boy

Alsayyed,

Nice looking rack.  One suggestion.

If all the supports are tack welded in three places on each side as shown in you picture; I sugget welding the tube on all four sides.

Mainly for strength.  Just to be on the safe side.....

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

beenthere

Mark
I was thinking along the same line, but laying some flat stock across the joints and beyond 2-3" on both sides to add strength in tension to the top welds.  Stresses to metal causing fatigue over time happen all too often. But I probably overdesign most of the time.
The shelves look like a good idea.

I built some similar, but the uprights were 6x6 timbers, with holes drilled through for sticking well pipe in to form the supports on both sides. Keeping the loads even on both sides helps a great deal too. There was no welding, just timbers, hole drilling and pipe cutting.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

UNCLEBUCK

Looks great alsayyed . I always wanted a wood rack as I just hate stumbling over a messy pile of boards on the floor .  Now I have to see where your country is . Very nice job  :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

getoverit

Nice Job alsayyed !  Looks like this should solve a messy lumber ile for years to come
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Thank You Sponsors!