iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Murphy’s Law Yesterday – For a Change

Started by submarinesailor, August 30, 2006, 07:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Yesterday about 6:20 PM, I was here on the computer reviewing the forum.  When the youngest daughter talked in and told me the power steering on the Mazda MPV van wasn't working right.  So of course I stopped to check it out.  Started the van and didn't need to move the steering wheel.  I heard the flapping of a belt.  That was the first bit of luck.  The second was that when I opened the hood, I could see exacting which belt – power steering of course.  Just as I got ready to go to the parts store and the wife calls saying pick her up at the bus station.  So after getting her off we went for belts.  Believe it or not, they had them in stock – THE RIGHT ONES TOO!!!!

Soon as we got home I started right in on it, all the while thinking I could start it and finish after work today.  I could not believe how smoothly it went.  After going to get the wife and parts, also changing out the AC compressor belt (it was in front, so it had to come off anyways), it only took me until 8:05 PM to finish, including cleanup and putting my tools away.  However, I was reminded several times just how much I hate working on hot motors.  The back of my right hand has several small burns on it. 

BUT I GOT IT DONE!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bruce

wassaw

you are lucky they had the right parts. i had to put a pinion gear seal in a rear-end i had just put in. made the mistake of going to one of the big chain stores that seem to have new faces in it every time you enter. needless to say i had to make a return trip to take the wrong one back and get the right one. would not have upset me so much except it is a 50 mile round trip and it ended up taking up my whole week-end.

Murf

Your most welcome!!!

:D  :D  :D   :D  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!