iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw accident

Started by DonT, January 02, 2003, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonT

My dept. had a call this weekend for a 'lady trapped under a fallen tree bleeding from the mouth".It sounded worse than it actually was,but had real potential.The first in truck arrived and provided BLS while the rescue crew freed the lady,she was then transported to the hospital.She was shaken up with numerous cuts,scratches and bruises but not seriously hurt. The scenario was hubby was falling a tree while the wife and young child watched the tree twisted on the stump and the father grabbed the child and ran.The mother unsure of what was happening froze and the tree landed on her.I am writing this as a reminder that accidents can and do happen and that safety should always come first.   DonT

Paul_H

Thanks for the reminder DonT.When I was in high school,there were some young mentally handicapped kids that rode our bus,and were dropped off at their school on the way.

One weekend one of the young handicapped boys,went out with his Dad to cut firewood.They found them both dead,hours after they should have been home.An Alder tree crushed them both,but the Dad was found in a protective position over his son.
The bus was quiet on Monday morning,as everybody knew what had happened,and felt the loss.I often think of that Dad,and whether he was right or wrong to have his son with him,he laid his life down for his child.I admire him for that.

I wouldn't want any of my family near a tree that was being felled,except of course those I work with in the woods.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bill Johnson

Good reminder Don, glad it didn't have serious consequences.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!