iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A $5.00 air compressor

Started by Paschale, August 28, 2006, 08:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I picked up a 1/4 HP compressor at an auction today.  Pretty meager power, so what good is it for?  Just filling tires?  Spraying off something?  I can't imagine there's enough to do anything really valuable, but for $5, what the heck.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

PawNature

Never pass up a bargain......
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Frickman

Sounds like a loaner tool to me. You should always have two sets of tools, your good tools and your loaner tools. If your buddies always get your lower quality tools maybe they'll quit borrowing and get their own.  ;) ;)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

scsmith42

<grin>  Big ditto on Frickman's comment!

Seriously, add a large air tank in-line to that small compressor, and you'd be surprised what you can use it for.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Paschale

Quote from: scsmith42 on August 28, 2006, 09:01:23 PM
<grin>  Big ditto on Frickman's comment!

Seriously, add a large air tank in-line to that small compressor, and you'd be surprised what you can use it for.

I may just have to give that a try, scsmith.  Good idea!

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

UNCLEBUCK

I seen a old engine block v-8 used as a air compressor , looked really neat .

If you think your air compressor is small just fill a 5 gallon portable air tank and see how long you can shoot a brad nailer with just that little portable air tank .  You got yourself a compressor Mr.  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

PineNut

I have used a framing nailer on a 5 gallon tank. Sufficient to do batter boards for a building. Also have an taken air compresson with 25 gallon tank on a trailer to the job and can do a considerable amount of nailing before having to head back for a recharge. As long as you are not demanding a continuous air supply, a small compressor can work quite well.

Thank You Sponsors!