iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

position transducer for lt 70

Started by just_sawing, August 28, 2006, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I just had a board hit the position sensor nad break off the connector. Does any one know what the cross reference number on this would be. Woodmizer wants over 900 dollars for this 36 inch position sensor.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Modat22

What does it look like? You might have a look at lathe digital readout retrofits. They use both rotary encoders, glass linear encoders and magnetic linear encoders. I'd guess WM uses one of these encoder types.
remember man that thy are dust.

Gilman

It's a linear transducer.  I used them for a special food processing conveyor in '98.  Wholesale they were around $600.  WM's price of $900 really isn't that bad (If I'm not the one forking out the $  ;D)

I might have to buy a new one myself, mine got bent a bit when a tree landed on it.  I've straightened it but need to check how accurate it still is.

Can you just solder some leads to the end of it instead of replacing it?  It's already ruined, wouldn't hurt to try.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

leweee

Quote from: Gilman on August 30, 2006, 03:17:53 AM

I might have to buy a new one myself, mine got bent a bit when a tree landed on it.  I've straightened it but need to check how accurate it still is.

Dave ....you weren't usen that hammer again were you?
   :D :D smiley_smash smiley_smash bat_smailey no_no smiley_idea smiley_smash smiley_smash :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Gilman

Sorry for the delay Leweee,

I only used a soft faced hammer on this one.  No sledge hammers needed yet.  ;)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Thank You Sponsors!