iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A mini Pig Roast in West Michigan...

Started by Paschale, August 26, 2006, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Well, I haven't made the past two pig roasts, which bums me out terribly...but I had the next best ting today.  Furby gave me a call earlier this week, telling me that the Stumpjumper clan was coming down today, and Jeff was going to be using the skidsteer on a pile of dirt and concrete leftover from Furby's add on project.  He asked me if I was interested in coming, and I said I wanted to, if I could make sure Friday afternoon was free. 

Well, things cleared up, so I planned on coming.  There was a joke about bringing over steaks, and grilling them ala Tom's technique over an open fire, but I volunteered to bring over some ribs, since I've been on a rib kick lately.  We had a good time hanging out.  I really enjoyed hearing stories about the Pig Roast, and talking with the entire Stumpjumper clan and Jason, and seeing Jeff's way around a skidsteer--he knows what he's doing with one of those things!

Thanks for inviting me over, Furb!  I think I ended up leaving at around 11:00 tonight--had a good time, and I guess for me, this is as close as I'll get to the Pig Roast. 

I'm late again!   ;)

PS  Pancakes are in my future, since I received some honest to goodness stumpjumper maple syrup today too!  Thanks a lot for that gift!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

Late...... maybe, but ya still made it in my book!
Yup, we had ribs and they were GOOOOOOOOD! musteat_1 pepsi_smiley
Thanks for dropping by and for supper Dan! 8)

Had a great day with FF friends to day. 8) Might have another one tomorrow if Jeff isn't to worn out.
He moved TONS of dirt and concrete all day long and then we all sat around and enjoyed supper and a good time swapping stories.
I belive we may have a few pics to show a bit later.

oakiemac

Sounds like you all had a good time. ;D Where's da pics?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

SwampDonkey

You guys know the rules. No pics? didn't happen. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

They are coming!
Delcy has them in her camera.
Had a another loooooong day yesterday ending with flat on an inside duel on the truck. ::)
They have to come back down here today and pick up the skidloader. Until then............ I have the key for it! ;D 8)

Stump Jumper

talk about good eaten them ribs was good  8) Paschale's got a gift for cooking good food  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Well here are the pics you all been waitin for. 8)

The pile in this pic was already about 1/4 gone.

This is the same pile as it is dwindling down.

This is where the pile was

This is a pile ready to be loaded in the Dump Trailer

This is beside the garage before

This is beside the garage after

They was even kayaking for the kids on Furby's Great Lake they had a blast.

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Now that I have the pics loaded.

I would like to thank Paschale for bringing the BBQ Ribs they were GREAT 8) 8)

I would also like to Thank Furby for letting us work for him it was a pleasure and letting me have run of his kitchen. :D ;D ;)

P. S.

Jeff even got to tail for Furby he was able to catch a nap in between each board. :D ;D
Jonny even got to run Furby's mill.
Delcy - Morley, MI

Bro. Noble

Eatin' ribs and taking naps--------wish I could have been there to help,  I'm experienced at that kind of work 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

A nap between boards, very funny....... but true! :D

I gotta say that Jeff runs that skidsteer like a pro! I've seen folks that run those things 6 days a week and they couldn't hold a candle to Jeff's skill. Jonny ain't too shabby with it either. 8) Of the many plants and trees that needed to be worked around, not one got damaged. Impressive!

Still got a lot of work to do with a shovel and installing a retaining wall. Also need to drag a drag around for a while between picking rocks. The bulk of the work is done though, and that was the goal. I have a pic in my camera I'll post later of the concrete we dumped at the recycling center. It's amazing how much was there! :o
Took 5 BIG loads with the dump trailer, three small loads on my little trailer and I have two small ones to go. I can say I sure don't miss that concrete!!!

Oh and Delcy....... thanks for cleaning my kitchen! ;) ;D
Your cooking is right up there with Dan's ribs, thanks!

SwampDonkey

Furby, do ya need more rocks and boulders? I can send some down by freight train. Some as big as the engine car. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Actually YEAH! 8)
A couple train loads would be great!
Was thinking about stopping along the highway to "aquire" some today but didn't. ;)

Stump Jumper

I ain't driving the skidsteer the 1/2 mile to the railroad track to unload those Furby. :D ;D smiley_hardhat2
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

It's only about a 1/4 mile......... give or take a bit! ;) :D

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Are you going cross country or by the roads? :D ;D ???
Delcy - Morley, MI

Furby

:D
Cross country ???
I can just see Jeff crossing the interstate with a load of rocks in the bucket of the skidsteer. :D :D :D

Here's a couple pics of the dumped concrete. It's really hard to tell just how much is there from the pics, but trust me..... it's a lot!

Over the weekend I showed Jeff how I do things and he showed me how he does them.
His way is easier by far!
I pick rocks and concrete by hand, he uses the skidsteer.
I Haul bigger pieces of concrete to be dumped one at a time and have to manualy unload, he hauls a full trailer load and just hits a button to dump. :D
In the pic above we are dumping one last big piece........ my way. :D :D :D

Larry

Well...we are moving slowly from north Missouri to NW Arkansas and of course the boss doesn't want to leave any of her prized rocks here...yea have to understand Arkansas has an abundance of rocks...but none as pretty as Missouri rocks.

Bout the biggest my little tractor will lift...got one more little bigger than the tractor.  Anybody got a crane I can borrow to lift it?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

One of these days, some time in the future in a distant and changed world, California will be at the north pole, Florida will be in the middle of the pacific, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee will be a string of flats and islands in the great middle sea......   and some archaeologist is going to find your Missouri stones in Arkansas and wonder what the heck happened to have caused that. :D

He'll probably concoct some story about Blue Oxes and giants and rafts and a religious sect that traveled from island to island carrying their rocks for money.  .....and we're complaining about pennies.  :D :D

Bro. Noble

Geeze, Tom,  your mind sure works different than mine.  You thought up all that stuff just from reading these posts and I'm still thinking about eating ribs and taking a nap :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

PineNut

Tom, your reply is so true. We have these archaeologist with many far out theorys and people believe them. All they need is a fancy title after their name (probably one they concocted.) And the same is true about many of these special interest groups.

SwampDonkey

Oh come on now guys, I believe what ever Tom says. Don't spoil it for me. ;D :D

Furby

Well I was back at the concrete dump today and all the concrete is gone!
They have already ground it up! 8)

Furby

Well I was out of town for a couple days and when I came flying into my driveway at 11pm last night I noticed the gravel fairy payed me a visit. 8) 8) 8)

Forgot that my nextdoor neighbors were getting a concrete apron poured in front of thier three stall garage. They had to get rid of some old crushed stone and figured just maaaaaybe I could use it. :D
They ended up spreading it over the already high spot that I needed to cut down in the driveway, but I can't complain about free stone now can I!

pigman

Quotewhen I came flying into my driveway at 11pm last night I noticed the gravel fairy payed me a visit.
Furby, what kind of aircraft do you have that can land in your driveway?
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!