iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum makes an appearance in WOOD magazine's letter to the editor!

Started by Paschale, August 24, 2006, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I just recieved this month's issue of WOOD.  In the "sounding board" section on page 10, there's a letter to the editor from David K, in Oneida, NY.

The caption reads:  "Log" onto this website

"After reading your article on master woodworker Jeffry Lohr in issue 167 (December/January 2005/2006), I wanted to share a Web site devoted to those who enjoy wood in its rougher stages.  Jeffry suggests finding a local sawyer to obtain rough lumber or to have your logs custom sawn, and folks can do that by going to foresryforum.com and using the locator link to find what they need.   There are more than 3,000 member on this Web site discussing forestry, sawmilling, drying, construction, safety, and many other woodworking-related areas."

Way to go David, and way to go FF!   8)

Now, the question is...who's David K?  Come out, come out, wherever you are!  One thing though...you forgot to mention that we like talking about food just as much as wood!   ;D

And to any of you all who happen to swing by here, because of reading the article in WOOD magazine, pull up a chair and stay awhile.  This is a great group of people, and very knowledgable about all things related to wood.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pigman

Paschale, I saw that letter myself. We have a member from Oneida, NY, maple_ flats. I was curious if he is the David that wrote the letter.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

Send a nice IM to maple_flats, to Tom or to another admin, 'maybe' they'll tell ya. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Yep, he's busted! ;D  The "David K." monniker even fits with the handle his Mama hung on him.

Good job, Maple Flats! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Captain

Way to go Maple!!

I saw Dave in Booneville last week.  Always good to catch up with a Forum Friend. :)

Captain

Paschale

I knew I have seen Oneida Flats on a really regular basis...just couldn't remember who it was!

Way to go, Dave!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!