http://mikelcumiskey.spaces.live.com/

hope that link is ok to post
i tried to add pics here and guess y`all are just way way smarter

i couldnt get it done

well the sycamore pics are on the that site, on the right

be well

mikel c

beenthere

Not smarter. Just followed the directions. Most of us had the same initial frustration, and now wonder what the fuss was all about.  ::)
But like a lot of these computer things, one doesn't know how close or far away one is from a solution. 
Resize to 400 pixels first, and after that, save to lowest compression. Works every time (for me).  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Mikel, let me know where you're getting jammed up and I'll help ya through it.  It's fun to see your pics show up on the forum.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bad_boards

pigman

Good job bad_boards on the sycamore and the pictures.  8) If you don't compress   as much, the picture will be a little bit clearer. Your pics are about 7k bytes. If you leave them about 12 or 15 k they will still download fairly fast for us with slow dial up and be a little sharper. You are the first person I have suggested to increase the file size. ;)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

bad_boards

dont think i`l be going overboard on posting pics, whew wee what a pain

but i got it done

DanG

Aww, it ain't no pain at all, Mikel. :D :D  Leastways, once ya get used to it.  Now that you've done it, it'll seem a lot easier next time.  One of the tricks I've learned is to stand further back when taking the pic, so there is a lot of background to crop out.  Sometimes, cropping and resizing is enough to reduce it to Forum specs.  Another handy thing, when you rename the file, use a low alpha character such as A or B in the new title.   That way, it will be first up in the album when you reopen it.  I always close and reopen the pic in xat after each step.  Trust me, it's easier that way. ;)

Example:  old name- sycamore1
                 new name- asycamore1
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bad_boards

ok, seems that after i fuss with it and get it to load up
that its blurry and not crisp at all
i wanted to post a pic showing the way tight grain and there is noway
its a just a brown mess.

main reason i wanted them up was getover it is going to bring his swinger dwn
to cut up the 2 major logs, wanted him to see whats what b4 he drives dwn

mike_van

The logs a brown mess, but the pup looks good -  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

beenthere

I'll try this for the third time - lightning/thunderstorm bleeped me off twice in the middle of it.......

I downloaded one of your sycamore pics, and resized it to 400 pixels, then saved. It turned out such;

Then I cropped the original to take out some background, and resized it to 400, then saved it to lowest compression. It turned out such;

Hope this helps along with DanG's help and your persistence. Should get some good boards from that tree.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Stephen1

don't give up bad_boards itl come to you.I had a heck of a time at 1st and still get the odd picture bounced. But we do like pictures! thoselogs will give you some good_boards
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

getoverit

Looks like ya got the pic posting figured out :)

The Peterson ATS should go through those like butter... soon as it cools off a bit we can get them milled  for ya !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

bad_boards

sounds wonderful getoverit.
i did get 1 five footer on the hudson and too the top off it, just to take  a looksee

the dern sapwood looks nice.  overnite it turned a nice copper color with streaks in it

y`all be well, happy milling!!!!

mikel

bad_boards

bad_boards

timcosby

dats nice lookin wood there now!!!! :o
how does sycamore dry??? easy hard??

bad_boards

dunno , but sure going to find out
got a ton of it

Tom

You'll be happier with it at 5/4 rather than 4/4. 
It doesn't do well when left to the elements.  Dry in a breezy, semi-enclosed, sheltered area.

bad_boards

5/4 processed to   7/8th ? 3/4?   is this due to twist or cupping?
tell me it dont dry like sweetgum , please

Tom

It is rather difficult and care must be taken in sawing to keep the grain as straight as possible.  I dry both sycamore and sweet gum in a pole barn and keeping them out of the elements helps both considerably.

bad_boards

thanks, i have nice luck with a boatload of sweetgum from pender co, nc

cut it proud and let it set in the shed, and took care in 2nd processing. the stuff is nice and straight , thats been brought inside after jointing and plane work done

very nice looking wood

Thank You Sponsors!