iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little vote on the looks of our "fixed" Forestry Forum Gallery

Started by Jeff, August 22, 2006, 09:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Better, yes.

I like it when posted photo's have some commentary with them, which makes previewing pics a lot more meaningful (just an opinion and try to do it when posting my pix).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paschale

I like the change, though I'm with the ones who said it's kinda hard to look at.  But  I love the new layout, and honestly, I don't care.  Functionality is primary, and the aesthetics don't matter so much.  You asked though, so I figured I'd chime in.  I'd enjoy slightly more mellow colors.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pigman

Dang Dan, you mean that you don't like John Deere green and Wood-Mizer orange. :o
Bob the owner of both green and orange.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

tnlogger

wal 'll tell ya after my eyes adjusted  it's a big improvement  8)
gene

Jim_Rogers

Jeff:
That was a nice change, making the links black.

What I'm having trouble with is that when you're viewing a thumbnail page the captions are in orange, which isn't that bad, but when you run your mouse cursor over the picture the print turns white and I can't read it...... maybe you could turn that to black, also......

Thanks.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Stephen1

I do like the new look and layout. I will upload some photo's later today to see if you have changed any of the workings.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Raphael

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on August 24, 2006, 09:06:58 AM
Jeff:
That was a nice change, making the links black.

What I'm having trouble with is that when you're viewing a thumbnail page the captions are in orange, which isn't that bad, but when you run your mouse cursor over the picture the print turns white and I can't read it...... maybe you could turn that to black, also......

Thanks.....

Jim Rogers

Jim's right...
  The white text is nearly invisible against that background color on my monitor.  I think I'd pick a dark red, green or blue so it still converts from black on mouse over but remains readable.
  I was wondering what the html is to turn a scroll bar the orange color?
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Ed

The background colors are just a little to bright for me, sorry.

Ed

tcsmpsi

I voted for liking it.  I don't have any trouble seeing any of it, I like vivid color, in vivid environments.  Certainly, the FF would pass as a vivid environment. ;D

When I first went to the gallery after the 'big fix', I was into it a while before I realized,
'Hey, there's been some changes!' (that's why I said, "did something change?")

But then, I've had to grow accustomed to viewing that which may be difficult for  others.  DanG mirrors.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

joelmar10

I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

iain

asy

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Snag

Looks good to me.  I think the layout is much improved....

asy

May I PLEASE make one liiiiiiiitle request??

I just spent 3 hours resizing and fixing photos to post a couple of big photo-heavy posts, all of them were under 36kb, but then it tells me the pixel size is too big.

Now, if I wasn't exhausted, I would have remembered there was a max pixel limit, but I can't remember it.

Where the file upload info says : "the size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 36 KB each."

Could you please change it to:

"The size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 36 KB each (max pixels 123 x 456)."

I can NEVER remember the pixel limit, I know it's probably written somewhere, but I can't find it either, and this would make it really easy!

ta

asy :D

beenthere

Asy
It is 400 (widest side) pixels and the photo (after cropping to show just the main points) should be sized to this 400 FIRST (like in not 'last' :)). That seems to be the important point so often that confuses members (picture posters). After sizing, it can be saved to a file and usually will then be under the kbyte limit (at least that works for me).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

asy

Yeah, I found the dimensions later, but I know I'll forget by next time...

I still think it'd be a good idea to put it next to the KB limit as a reminder.

puhleeeze?

asy :D

Thank You Sponsors!