iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bearing of a different type.

Started by Jeff, August 21, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I took this photo from my blind behind the cabin the last week of season. Rough job eh? The second photo is the view to my left.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weekend_Sawyer

Welcome back Jeff,

sorry to hear about your gun stock. Even tho you diden't get a bear it sounds like you hade a great time.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Texas Ranger

Ya reckon Jeff has cable in da blind? ???
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

No but I get 5 channels and one of them is Canadian CBC. ABC, CBS, NBC and a PBS station. all pretty clear on that little 5 dollar yard sale T.V.  We have it hooked up to a lawn tractor battery.  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

The Baar probly hid out after hearin the laffin and cryin from watchin the "Soaps" on dem channels.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Or perhaps the bear was watching over Jeff's shoulder from another window... which would explain why Jeff never saw him in front.  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

johncinquo

The last 2 years at Elk camp my grand dad was recovering from cancer so he stayed at the camp while we all went out.  He told me at 11:00 to get up, walk around, eat some of my lunch, take a good stretch, walk out as far as I could see from where I had set up to check for an elk hanging out just outside of where I could see. 

Both years he shot an elk at camp between 11:15 and 11:30.   :D
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Onthesauk

I'm still dealing with a couple of bears around the house.  Finally went down yesterday in the pouring down rain and picked the last of the apples they have been working on.  Today I go down and they have pulled the cap off the pipe that covers my drain field distribution valves.  This thing is two feet in diameter and screwed down, they just flipped it off.  Based on the sign, appears to be one big one, one small one.

They are using trail up the hillside behind the house, accesses thousands of acres of timber.  Beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start packing, I hike up there nearly every day.  Can't tell how far up they travel during the day.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Ron Scott

Jeff needs to bear hunt close to home!

One of my clients told me today that a farmer near Big Rapids, MI got this bear last Friday with the combine. He was combining corn in a neighbor's field and fell into a big hole. The combine was stuck, and the hole was about 5 feet deep. He thought that it was a badger hole until a big black paw came out and pretty soon a head appeared.

The bear was trying to dig out from under the wheel but could not get out. They then knew for sure that it was no badger and he wasn't very happy either.

The DNR told them to shoot it. It dressed out at 287 pounds, and was a male.

~Ron

Paul_H

How's that for bad luck.You're having a well deserved nap and some farmer runs you over but some how you manage to survive.At first you're irritated but then you remember to count your blessings because you survived a combine accident for Pete's sake. whiteflag_smiley
                                           go_away

As you're busy counting and taking stock of damages,the sodbuster brings out a rifle and puts one between your eyes smiley_dizzy

It would be diificult to Bear  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

In October there was a bear den in the middle of our thinning operations. But, he never appeared. It was probably too early, but I would think he would be hanging around close.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!