iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still having pic posting problem

Started by Left Coast Chris, August 19, 2006, 04:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left Coast Chris

Well.........I finally decided to take some time to figure out how to post some pics (since its soooooooooo HOT outside)... and its been an interesting journey....so far Ive failed three times with the end result being  "0 Files Uploaded" each time. ???

I started with the 350x350 pixel rule and they could not be uploaded because of no compression.  I then downloaded the recommended XAT software and compressed to below the recommended 20kb.................. tried to up load them and each pic recieved the "illeagal file extension".   Apearently it does not like the .jpg extension.   Since I cannot find the secret in the pic posting instructions thread...........

Can anyone share this secret ????  What extension is allowable??

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Norm

farmer77 the system to post pictures is broken right now, that's why you're getting errors.

Left Coast Chris

Thanks Norm........whew.............it is frustrating when you spend hours and think you have it then the "0 uploaded files" comes up for the third time.   Its good to know that there is a logical answer.   I would hate to end up having a nightmare where you can only run in slow motion while trying to excape your attacker (in this case my computer) .........AAHHHH the 0 Uploaded Files note got me again!! :o

Any estimated timeline for the fix?

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Tom

timeline:
The end of Bear Season in Michigan.

jon12345

A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

VA-Sawyer

Putting the last two posts together.... Jeff is off hunting Bear  and won't  be back at his computer till he shoots one or the season ends. 

I'm not sure if Jeff is the only one that can fix it , or if the other admins figure " He broke it... Let him fix it."  :)

Anyways, good luck with your hunting Jeff, we miss you.

Tom

QuoteI'm not sure if Jeff is the only one that can fix it , or if the other admins figure " He broke it... Let him fix it." 

Yep! Jeff's the man!  He's the one that has to fix it. He's the one with the server access.  He's the one with the knowledge. :)

....and besides..  He's the one that broke the DanG thing!!  :D :D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

All I got to say is  if The Man doesn't get the gallery fixed soon I will just..............................................................patiently wait until he does. ;)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

Well, at least we should be able to see them barr he's shoot'n when he gets the gallery fixed up. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I want to update this topic to say that the gallery is fixed and yes I broke it. But I'm blaming it on Tom.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Yes!   I hang my head in shame.  I'm the one to blame.   I told him to quit  messing around with the stuff and fixing stuff that ain't broke.  Jeff's just like a 10 year old.  Tell him to stop something and it's just a fuel on the fire.  He's gotta keep messin'.  Next time, I'm gonna tell him to change everything.  :D :D

tnlogger

see Tom ya shoulda stayed up there to keep an eye on him  :D
gene

Tom

tnlogger

Tom if that what it takes for you to stay up there and watch the boss
us southern boys will  pass the hat and keep ya in Grits,and mustard greens ,
and collards. mullut ect ect ect  :D
gene

Furby

What you Southern boys gonna do about the cold ???

tnlogger

now furby Toms got good insulation ya know :D
gene

Furby

He was saying that he was under the matress with the temps at 50.
What's he gonna do when fall comes ???

SwampDonkey

If he goes up there chasing barrs, he'll soon warm up.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!