iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Movie remakes.

Started by Bibbyman, August 19, 2006, 04:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yeah, Jerry Lewis wasn't all that great alone without Dean Martin or the other Rat Pack members. I don't think he did all that great after the 70's stints he did on the Johny Carson show. You see him now and then in shows and he's actually in a 3rd remake of the Nutty Professor (animation-voice) to be released in 2007. The Errand Boy (61) was probably his best film since post Dean Martin. I wonder if the Water Boy with Adam Sandler was one of those movies that aren't really a remake, but a title to pull you in. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Wenrich

Two other remakes that I remember were "The Fly" and "The Mummy".  The remakes were better than the originals, and the story line had been changed to make it more modern.

"Around the world in 80 days" was also a remake.  Jackie Chan isn't nearly as good as Tony Curtis, but it was entertaining.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Who would you choose for a remake of 'Its a Mad, Mad, Mad World' ?  That was a long movie, but I loved every second. There was so much going on throughout the movie. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

There was a remake of 'The Day of the Jackal' ('73) with Bruce Willis. I liked the original better. The original was about the attempted assination of the French President Charles De Gaulle. The remake , well has something to do with Russia and the FBI and I never could figure it out actually.  ::)

Bibbyman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 21, 2006, 05:37:06 PM
Who would you choose for a remake of 'Its a Mad, Mad, Mad World' ?  That was a long movie, but I loved every second. There was so much going on throughout the movie. ;D

Check out "Rat Race" if you liked It's a "Mad, Mad, Mad World".  I wouldn't call it a remake but its on the same theme. Awful funny.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

asy

Swampy, they're remaking Mr Blanding now See link here

Using some guy who's name is Ice cube, I hazard a guess that's not what his mum named him. I can already say I'll not be watching this movie. Wouldn't mind seeing the original though :D

I've been buying classics when I see them cheap, I've been getting them for under $10. I've bought My Fair Lady, Dr Zhivago, Grease, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Wizard of Oz, etc, lots of them :D Also some musicals, like Cats, etc.

We have fun watching them together.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bibbyman

Quote from: mike_van on August 20, 2006, 12:16:35 AM
Ben Johnson - My favorite cowboy -

Have you seen Ben in an old Spielberg movie "The Sugerland Express"?  I'd not seen it before but it's been playing on the Dish the last couple of weeks.
Sawing since '94

thurlow

Quote from: mike_van on August 20, 2006, 12:16:35 AM
Ben Johnson - My favorite cowboy -
Ben Johnson, Arthur Hunnicutt, Slim Pickens, et al..........loved the distinctive voices.  Read an interview where one of the old critics was asked which of the current crop of "pretty boy" actors would eventually take the place of the old stars..........Wayne, Gable, Cooper, Mitchum, Stewart, etc.  His answer; none of 'em. ::)

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: asy on August 22, 2006, 05:46:28 AM
Swampy, they're remaking Mr Blanding now
Using some guy who's name is Ice cube......

Run away... yikes_smiley bat_smailey ban_smiley

wassaw

well guys, we all like the good old days and old cartoons and movies, but we are fixing to be politically corrected out of a bunch of them. boomerrang cartoons ,is changing some of the old cartoons. tom and jerry had approximately 2 to 3 shows in which tom is smoking a cigarrett. they are going to erase that part of the cartoon. how nice is it when you can kill someone or have graphic sex scenes on a cartoon and that is acceptable, but smoke a cigarette?  what is this world coming to? GOD help us all

asy

Got some DVD's the other day...

The Audrey Hepburn Collection, and the Rogers and Hammerstein collection.

The Hepburn one has: Breakfast at Tiffanny's, Sabrina, Funny Face and Paris when it Sizzles.

The R&H one has State Fair, Oklahoma!, South Pacific, Carousel, The Sound of Music and The King and I.

They're all the original re-digitised versions, with extra information included. They're great fun.

Also, at the moment, we're watching "The Oneidn line", Series 4, I've watched the whole series up till now, and it's fantastic.

SwampDonkey

Ya need to add the Philladephia Story to the Hepburn colelction ;D

The movie includes Cary Grant and James Stewart

Beweller

Was there ever a remake of "The Maltese Falcon"?  I hope not.  And this is a case where the movie was better (much!) than the book.

Any one remember "Devil Doll"?  Surprising cast of name actors.  Discovered that it was based (more or less) on A. Merritt's "Burn Witch Burn"  Discovered the local library has a tape.  Surprised it exists.  Have never heard of a remake (or newmake using the book).

What about "The Oxbow Incident".  Why no remake?  Original too good?
Beweller

asy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 26, 2006, 06:36:37 AM
Ya need to add the Philladephia Story to the Hepburn colelction ;D

Wrong Hepburn!

Mine's Audrey, not Katharine.

Although I like Katharine too, but not this set.

SwampDonkey

Asy, ah yes. Had a brain fart there, sorry. ;)

Then you need to add 'Roman Holiday', 'Charade', 'My Fair Lady' and 'Wait until Dark' ;D

Bibbyman

Here's my all time favorite Audry Hepburn movie....  "The Unforgiving" 

It's a great western with Burt Lancaster and Audie Murphy and a bunch of other good actors.  Audry plays an indian girl that had been raised by Zackary family.  She doesn't know she's indian.  Well,  I won't give away the plot.  But who would have though Audry Hepburn in a western.

Another Burt Lancaster western I really like is "The Scalphunters" with Ozzie Davis.  Also Telly Savalas and Shelly Winters.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!