iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

World weather extremes - WOW

Started by mike_van, August 15, 2006, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

In the paper yesterday, worldwide - It had the high as 120F in Baghdad, and the low was -80F in Vostock Antarctica - Just amazing humans can live in a 200 degree range -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

JimBuis

I recommend that everyone move to the St. Louis area where you can experience more than 120 of those possible 200 degrees all in one place. ;D

Or you could live in some of the milder places in the world like Hawaii and Okinawa where they rarely have temperature fluctuations of more than about 25 degrees regardless of the time of the year.

Although St. Louis has the greatest range of temperatures of anyplace I have lived in my life, I prefer it over milder climates. I lived in Homestead, Florida south of Miami for awhile. Down there, the bugs NEVER die.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

pappy

Summer time we can reach 100F and winter we can dip down to -60 !!! I've seen in a 24 hour period in the winter +60 F daytime and -40F nighttime  :o
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Modat22

I want to live somewhere that remains around 70 degrees f all year around. ;)
remember man that thy are dust.

thedeeredude

Quote from: Modat22 on August 15, 2006, 09:30:03 AM

The TV Room? :D

crtreedude

We have a very extreme change in temperature at times - why, just the other day I saw a shift of at least 5 degrees...

Our temperature only changes about 10 degrees (Centigrade) throughout the year...

I know, I know, I have your utmost sympathy for the hardships I endure.

;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Modat22

Quote from: thedeeredude on August 15, 2006, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: Modat22 on August 15, 2006, 09:30:03 AM

The TV Room? :D

I could handle that, but there better be something good on.
remember man that thy are dust.

Paul_H

Fred,it sounds more like the "land of the bland" where nothing ever changes,
almost a type Purgatory or like eating the same thing day after day after day whiteflag_smiley

Variety is the spice of life and a much needed break in routine  8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

crtreedude

Well, I suspect if you don't find the following exciting, you just might be right...

1. Volcanoes
2. Rainstorms so strong that you might drown standing out in them.
3. 8 months of raininess - 4 months of dry
4. Earthquakes

And we do have seasons - just not based on temperature.

Paul_H

I guess it's all in the presentation,it sounded lukewarm to me but with the things you listed,it sounds more like the Pacific Northwest and up in our area   :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

Hey wait a minute, seems we sent an unbiased observer down there Fred and his first posts was how hot and humid it was. Now either your pulling our leg or you've gotten a new job with the tourist division. ;D

crtreedude

All I can say is that when you guys have -60 and 120 temps, well, we are jealous...  ::)

For Jeff - who is used to freezing to death was here - he thought it was hot - for me, it is pleasant. If you like it cooler, you go up the moutain is all.

Thank You Sponsors!