iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I broke the gallery

Started by Jeff, August 14, 2006, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Yep, broke it. In changing some settings I accidently and stupidly hit restore defaults.  So, now, I have to find a way to put it back and I am leaving town today with my sister and brother in law do might not get it done for a few days. Sorry about that. I'll try this morning after I get ready to go, but I got an idea I dont have enough time to fix my stupidity.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

It don't look that bad Jeff, I've got my welding helmet by the computor now, for when I need to go to the gallery.  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

At least the pictures are still there.  :D :D

I have a peanut gallery here at the house.  I'll use that if you don't get it fixed before you leave.  ;D

Modat22

I wondered what was up, I just figured I burn my retina's welding this weekend...  ;)
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

I figure eventually I'll solve this but so far, nadda. I guess ya'll can get along without adding any photos for a few days. The Gallery is a database within the forum database. Somewhere the bridge between the two has been corrupted and I have to find it.

OneWithWood

Ok,  ignore my q in 'behind the forum'.  Way to go big guy  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

katie-did

Boy I am glad I was a hours ahead of you Boss. 8)(what timing) 8) I got them down loaded and posted before you messed it up. But boy did it throw me when I went in.
I just down loaded pic for part-timer Saturday and everything was normal. Opened it today and could not hind the right buttons. But I got it done.  8)
Good luck fixing it!
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

NZJake

I gotta say Jeff, what you did with the gallery looks great (or looked great? ::)).
Very upmarket looking! This place has sure progressed with leaps and bounds.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

jkj

Quote from: NZJake on August 15, 2006, 04:16:10 AM
I gotta say Jeff, what you did with the gallery looks great...

Ah, I see nothing when I go to the gallery except error messages (undefined index, division by zero, etc). None of the commands work - from here, it's really broken.   Do you see the photos but just in a different way?

JKJ
LT-15 for farm and fun

RavioliKid

Hey, Jeff...

Enjoy the trip with your sister and brother-in-law! Problems can wait.
RavioliKid

Bibbyman

We had an engineer that did a lot of systems programming.  He'd make a bunch of big changes and then go on vacation for a week. 

I don't know what made me think of that??  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

I won't hit the image archive button for a few days then.. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I'm home for a couple days from bear scouting camp to get defunkted and to try to get the forum gallery fixed. Tammy said ronwood gave a call with an offer to help while I was gone and that will be a good place for me to turn. Ron was very instrumental in us getting the forum software converted a couple years ago. I have several things I can try but I want to be careful that I dont make things worse before they get better.

VA-Sawyer

Ah...fellows, the Boss is back. Maybe we should straighten up our act for a while. At least till he goes back to bear camp.

Jeff

:D
No worries, I've got the best co-admins in the world and other then being worried about fixing the forum gallery, I don't have to worry an iota about any forum operations when I am gone. They can and will do anything they need to do as always.

It took me 10 years to get a bear permit and I am doing every thing I can to be as successful as possible when season comes. If I dont get a bear, it wont be for lack of trying. I have some good photos and video clips from what we have been doing and some older bear video from previous years to share, but I wont circumvent the forum gallery for that. Thats just not quite right to do. :)

I plan on leaving again for the cabin ASAP, hopefully by midweek.

Onthesauk

Ahhhh, adult supervision at last!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

beenthere

When I heard da Boss was out huntin bear, I wondered if Kevin was involved.  ::) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

:o :o :o :o :o
I think he already found that bare, bear! ;D

Part_Timer

I went bear hunting about 4 years ago in Alberta.  It was a spring archery hunt and what a blast.  I got one on the last night.  someday I'll go again.  nothing like them being 3 or 4 feet away and trying to stare you down.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

woodbowl

Jeff, what did you tell me bear tasted like? A cross between ...............

I forgit.  smiley_headscratch
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

Roast beef and Motor Oil. :D

Well, the Latest on the Gallery. So far, I have found a few files that I was able to repair and have a working system again. I now need to find a way to port over everyones old info.

Best Case Scenario: I get everything back the way it was.

Worst case scenario as I see it: All of the photos we have so far are safe, all are added to another archive and each of us start fresh galleries, but we can go into the old galleries and "retrieve" our photos as we need them.

Sorry about all the inconvenience. :-\

pigman

I have discovered that there is an advantage to having the photo gallery broke. With no new photos in the posts the download time on my 4 kbs dialup is much faster. 8) The sad part is I like the photos and am willing to wait for the download. :(
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

getoverit

Has anyone tried kicking it? I understand certain financial officers respond quite nicely to a good kick in the shin :D

Don't worry Katie.... I didnt mention your name :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

My first trip into canada the bush pilot asked me if I wanted a beer , I was about 14 and looked around to see where my dad was and I said sure , so I followed the bush pilot down the dock into a big walk in cooler and he had a black bear hanging that was huge and he pointed and said big beer aye !  :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

Well, let me see, 10 hours aint bad is it? I think I have the database pretty much restored and things back to working order. Almost. If you have photos, have atter. :)

Thank You Sponsors!