iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hay Getoverit don't cut the legs off of your power head just yet

Started by Part_Timer, August 12, 2006, 11:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Hay GOI

Burlcraft came down for the demo day today and brought down a cilpon slabber.  The bracket for the return end bolts through the hole and slot on those legs that keep hitting your bunks.

The first thing we decided is that you better cut your bunks short ifin ya want to ever use a slabber on your mill.

If ya don't want to use a slabber then wack away.  Just thought you might like a heads up ;)

See events and shows thread for pics of demo day

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

I'm glad ya told me !  Those annoying legs were destined for the portable banndsaw and werent long for this world. Guess I'll have to rethink cutting them off. Got any pics of how this slabber bolts on to the mill?

Since some of you dont know what we are talking about, I thought I would post a pic of it. If you notice the little wheels that are hanging down from the right hand side of the power head (under the extreme right hand edge of the truck hood in the pic), these wheels and the arms they are bolted to get in the way sometimes if you are cutting low and the log bunks are large. I removed the wheels on my mill, but the arms are actually welded on and the aluminum angle iron hangs down. This angle iron can get hung up on the log bunks.

I was going to cut the angle iron off and figure some other way to drill and tap holes to bolt the angle iron on when needed, and easly remove it when not needed and in the way. What Part_Timer is telling me is that these arms are what the clip-on-slabber attaches to and not to cut them off if I want to ever use a slabber on my machine.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Captain

Ken, if your limit stops were in the right place, they would never hit.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!