iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What the...!?!? (beenthere says it's milkweed)

Started by Tom, August 12, 2006, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

beenthere

PawNature is right. Milkweed.

Great for monarch butterflies.

Break the stem and a milky substance exudes.

milkweed site, one of many
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yup, looks like the milkweed we have in abondoned pastures and ditches here as well. Has a pink blossum before it goes to seed.

We have another taller weed with pink blossums that grows in wet places. The stalk is thicker than goldenrod, but square-like. Leaves have serrated (toothed) margins. I'll go get picks. bbiab (<-- look it up under irc acronyms) ;)  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

Yeah its supposedly edible if you boil it, changing the water several times but I wouldn't try it. The pods are fun to wing at each other, so are the things we call 'wild cucumbers' or 'boppers' - I'll try to bbiab with a pic  :D. Monarch butterfly caterpillars do love milkweed, I think its all they eat and are poisonous because of it (not deadly poison but nasty tasting, or so I've heard)

A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

SwampDonkey

Yeah we got those wild cukes to. As kids in school we had cuke and black cherry fights. ;D

I bet I gets a pic first. :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

black cherries,,, I heard they had to pass thru a bird before they would germinate, what If I don't got a bird, could I do it myself?  :-X  :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

See what happens when you eat too much grits,you can't even tell what milkweed looks like.I think you should eat it when it is still very small.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!