iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

aspen groves

Started by andy cook, August 10, 2006, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy cook

I am looking for tips on taking care of  a few aspen groves in the northwest corner of Wyoming.                                                      thank you,  Andy Cook 

beenthere

Can you elaborate a bit on what " taking care of " means to you?   ???

I can interpret that to be clear cutting, managing, tending, cultivating, promoting, planting, seeding, etc.  What is the long-term goal?  What are the groves like now?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mur

Hi Andy:
Got a book in my reference books called "The Aspen Manager's Handbook." It might take me a day or two to dig it out - am booked tomorrow medically.  But I'll look for it over the weekend.  Pretty well covers everything from A-Z in regards to aspen.   Growing, thinning - when/when not, harvesting, regeneration etc.  Great book. 
Don't dream it, be it.

mur

Hi Andy:
Found the info.  I did a Yahoo search for:
Aspen Managers' Handbook for British Columbia 

#1 up was the book.  Ministry of Forests, downloadable in 3 parts with Adobe.  My book is 110 pages.  Total download with references etc. 12.34 KB - so - it would be nice to have high speed.  I got my lady to download it at work where she has high speed.  At home we have dial-up. 

Here's the link also:
www.for.gov.bc/hfd/pubs/Docs/Frr230.htm
Hope this helps.  It is a fairly comprehensive book.  They also have a book for Pacific Big Leaf maple too. 
Don't dream it, be it.

Thank You Sponsors!