iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pink tools (offered expired)

Started by Tam-i-am, August 10, 2006, 09:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

I don't need to hit a guy to get his attention, trust me ;)

Also, guys don't generally heckle me. And definately not twice.

So, based on the above, I want a Cant hook.

Now, just need a mill. Wonder if I can spray paint IT pink too !!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

tomboysawyer

Owned a pool hall for years. There was a line of thinking that if you got a bright pink case for your pool cue, no one was likely to ever walk out of the bar with it (same idea as the "not stealing tools"). Since pool cues can cost thousands of dollars (yes, I got a few of those), a unique case means everyone knows its yours.

I can imagine some loggers get into situations where they bring their own tools to a site and a pink one would avoid confusion.

Frankly, pink's not my favorite color. I just want things painted so I can find them in a pile of sawdust - so yellow is bad.

But I did just paint my sawmill (partly) purple.

mike_van

Maybe it's like being a "Boy Named Sue"?  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

crtreedude

You all are starting to worry me.

In the home of Macho - otherwise known as Latin America - one thing that really surprised me is to see Macho guys walking down the street with a pretty umbrella. Flowers, pink, it doesn't seem to matter.

They were a bit surprised that I would only have a black one... I am thinking they wouldn't care a bit about a pink Cant Hook.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

Quote....Macho guys walking down the street with a pretty umbrella. Flowers, pink, .....

Seems those are the ones that should be worrying you.... ::) :o :)   Not us'ns
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tcsmpsi

Doesn't matter to me, at all.  As long as my tools are in good working order, could care less what their color is.   And, what someone else thinks about me?   :D :D

If I'm old enough to wear purple, I can surely have or wear things that are pink.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Pete J

The pink tool shopteacher was holding was just a display model at our Richmond, VA show a few years back. The reason we had it was to just make a point that we can do custom colors. Saturday afternoon, this big burly guy says "I want that pink tool". We explained that it was just a display model but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He said he made every guy on his team wear a bright pink hat for safety when they are working in the woods. He wanted to show up at work with this tool to make his point about pink.

We sold it to him based on his story. Now, just to describe the guy a bit more, you would not want to mess with him. He was just dripping with toughness.

He stopped by the LogRite booth about an hour later just to tell us another tale. As he was walking around the Richmond grounds carrying a pink tool, all the other tough guys started making rude comments about his manhood or lack of it for his pink tool. He said things started to get tense so he had to leave the grounds, put the tool in his truck and come back to the show. Not that he had anything to fear. He just didn't want anyone to get hurt if they wanted to start something. I will always remember that guy.

Tam-i-am

Well thanks to all the members here, we were able to send in enough tools for pink to cover the special order pricing.  As soon as they are ready I will post a picture and send out the tools.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

crtreedude

Well Ladies - you all know what you are getting for Christmas now...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Sawmill_Bill

Coming late to the party, but I was one of the people to request a Hot Pink Super Stick and mill special cant hook.  I am 6' 2" and 250# and for fun, run the sawmill at Heritage Park of North Iowa.  I like to tease people and hope that I can take it in return.  The pink is needed so the sawmill has its own color for its tools.  Not that a cant hook would end up anyother place, but grease guns, oil cans and especially wrenchs seem to have legs.  All the "safe" colors were taken and pink seemed to be a color that could be seen and a good lot of jokes could be had with it.  I usually wear a "pink" shirt when I am running the mill, but it is actually fuchsia  :D .

Thanks Logrite for going that extra step to help make my day!

Bill

Captain

Alas Tammy, I'm too late to get into the special order for Mrs. Captain.  She'll now need to be completely outfitted for her new venture, you know.....

Captain

Part_Timer

Captain

I ordered some extras for the KY show.  Maybe I can help ya out.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tam-i-am

They are here and look how nice!  The Megahook in the middle already shipped and the ff member should get it on Tues or Wed.  (not sure with the holiday.)  I'm not going to post any names those members can claim them if they want to.  But we made one megahook, five hookaroons, one mill special, six different sized cant hooks.  I hope everyone enjoys their toys.  ASY  I'm sorry that you will need to wait until January to get yours, but you can look at it anytime.  Your tool is the third from the left.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

asy

HOW EXCITING!!!

It's so beautiful...  8)  :-* 8)  :-* 8)

We're going mill shopping this week, and I will post some exciting news next week too ;)

but shhh, it's still a secret!

Thanks HEAPS!!!

Sawmill_Bill

Sawmill_Bill

8) 8) 8)

They are here!

8) 8) 8)

My wife just looked at the super stick and said, "Oh my, that's big!"

I can't wait to get out and use them both.

Thanks LogRite for making these up!

Sawmill_Bill

Well, I finally got the puter at home running long enough to get some pictures in it and saved.  These cant hooks are the best!  They are light and take a bite.  No more wondering if the hook is going to grab, only if the log is sound enough to take the force that is going to be applied to it, and that is going to be some force  :)

This is me with my sticks:

Going to roll this 36" maple log...

That was easy!  Could not touch it with my 60" old blue cant hook.

My fushia shirt is showing its age, so I had to get a new pink shirt.  Now my cant hooks don't match as well.  I will have to get another shirt  :D, because I love my super stick!

Jeff

Great pictures Bill!  You can't beat anything that comes from LogRite and with saying that STAY TUNED!! 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I think that's a fine looking shirt.  Your wife won't lose you in the sawdust and you have plenty of stick to get out of a pile of logs. :)

Jeff

We need some more piuctures from these other proud pink tool owners. I gotta say cause I didnt say it good enough the first time, GREAT PICTURES BILL!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

QuoteSTAY Tuned!!

I thought so............... 8)

Great pictures there Bill.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sawmill_Bill

Thanks, this picture thing wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. :)

asy

How COOL!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I just can't WAIT to get mine!

treecyclers

I shoulda got pix of me hanging on my cant hook turning a log that was on the mill...a 36" silk oak I was turning to quartersaw....and then there's me hanging on it like spiderman!
Where's my camera when I need it?
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

sawdust

Not a tool story but one I would like to share.

Our ambulance staff consisted of 13 females and one male, me.
Since our lines needed to be resprayed on the floor of the hall and it was my job. I bought hot pink flagging spray! I nearly lost my job. The boss, was just irrational wild and angry. Everyone else thought it was great.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!