iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

friendly people

Started by bedway, August 09, 2006, 02:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

on my way out the door this morning the wife yells, please dont bring more back then your takeing! she knew i was going to the junk yard and have a history of aquireing stuff. on the way back i stopped at a guys place ive passed by many times. i went in and struck up a conversation with this fella. he has a woodmiser,,got hyd. loader feed, all the goodies. he says he has been sawing for over 40 years and has had, or worked various mills. i asked him #1 question i hear woodmizer vrs. others is cantelevered head. he laughed and said if this here mill isnt cutting anything but perfect boards the only fault is mine. he went on to just rave about woodmizer. he bought this mill bout 5 years ago an has near 6000 hours on it. if i didnt know better id say the man was a rep for them :D this guy was just so friendly and wanted to tell me about his whole set up etc. i explained my situation to him and he said,, being your a woodworker you allready got the sawdust bug. he went on to say,,you get your own mill you just wait! he invited me back some time to work,,even run his mill to learn a little. gosh i love livein in the country. why did i wait till i was 46 years old to move away from the city. my brother in laws favorite saying is (on weekends ya dont see people packin up and running to the city do ya?) well i got work to do to make some money to save for a mill. ;D

Bibbyman

Yep! 

You know what,  I think the impressions I got from working with Wood-Mizer (company and people) has been a positive influence on my life.  Hardly a day goes by that I don't say to myself, "I wish all the companies I deal with were like Wood-Mizer."

I know their slogan is "Making dreams come true."  But it should be, "Take care of the customer and they'll take care of the business."

There...  I said it..   
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sandmar

Bedway,was the guy you were talking to,go by the handle Bibbyman?  ::)
Sorry Bibby I just had to do it  ;D

Sandmar who will running his LT40HD in the hot GA humidity again tomorrow  ;)

mike_van

bedway - my wife says the same thing when I leave for the dump - woops - recycle center - I can't help it though, 2 weeks ago a Briggs 5 hp horiz. - not too old, someone forgot to put oil in - An hours work & 12.00 rod - Runs like a Swiss watch - A month ago, someones nice above ground pool border - 42" tall, about a 75' roll of it, still making covers for lumber piles out of that sheet metal -  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Homer

Mike_van  My brother lives 15 miles from me and town has a Blue Light Area for folks to drop off or pick usable stuff. Most towns around here you can't pick any more, DanG. Anyway, Bro. brings me lots gooood stuff, some to sell at curb side.  Wife growls sometimes. We split$$. I'ts a throw away society,awfull awfull---------. My ashes are to be spread over scrap yard or dump. Homer

Thank You Sponsors!