iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Husky Model

Started by Urbicide, August 04, 2006, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbicide

I was visiting Husky's international site and came upon a new model not listed on Husky's U.S. site.  It's a model 390XP. Basic specs:  88c.c./5.4 cu.in.,4.8 kw/6.5 h.p.,13,000 RPM, 15.7 lbs.(powerhead only). :P International Huskvarna Web Site

Under Products click on Forestry Care
Under Total Product Range click on Chainsaws
Under Chainsaws click on Chainsaws and scroll down a bit.

SawTroll

The 390xp shares the user manual with the 385xp, just 1 mm bigger bore.

Maybe it is an attemt to finally outperform the PS 7900, but I don't think it helps much, as it is a lot heavier......   :(

....or a counter attack after Stihl introduced the MS650 ?
But that doesn't make much sence either, as I don't believe the 650 is very popular.  :D

:o I must say that I am disappointed, I thought the new about 90 cc Husky would be based on the 575xp, but with more power to justify the high weight of that design.
Information collector.

Urbicide

Hi.  I e-mailed International Husqvarna inquiring about the 390XP and then I mailed US Husqvarna with the same.  I received a reply from a Charlie May, from the US.  He just said that he didn't know anything at the present time and that he had logged in my e-mail address.  He said he would notify me when he had information on the saw.

I then responded to a survey from an automated response system I received from the International site.  I asked them for a response from Sweden about my saw question.  Well, a few minutes after my answering the automated survey I received another e-mail from Charlie May again.  International must have redirected my question back to the US.  Charlie must think that I'm a pain in the butt.  He said "He would notify me as soon as he had the information in hand."

Have a nice day. 
 wait_smiley

MSU_Keith

Received the email flyer from Norwalk Power Equipment and clicked over to see if anything is new.  They have this saw as coming soon.  Also list a 'stronger servo style clutch' with the overbore as improvements.  No price yet.

Norwalk

SawTroll

The 390xp isn't on any of the national Husky web-sites that I have checked, only on the intl. site so far.....
Information collector.

Urbicide

Hello

I recently e-mailed Husqvarna (both the US and International Offices) about when are they going to release the 390XP. No response. I got in touch with Gregg Grande at Bailey's. He responded to my inquirey yesterday. Bailey's is hoping for a due date of 10/15/06, but that remains to be seen. Gregg said that they have the 390XP listed in their Christmas sale with the half-wrap handles going for $759.95 and the full-wrap handles going for $769.95. 8)

Have a nice day pull_smiley

Vince

SawTroll

Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!